Superstations Gone??

If you get WPIX on 251 that is included in some markets local packages as a national CW. MY market (Duluth, MN) is the same way when I had Dish

you should still be able to sub to the supers...just ran an address in Duluth and it still shows it

SUPERSTATIONS

Congratulations! This address is eligible for all Superstations.
Superstations - $7.00 per month**
Station Affiliate Dish Channel Number
DENVER WB-KWGN WB 235
NEW YORK WB-WPIX WB 234
LOS ANGELES WB- KTLA WB 232
NEW YORK UPN-WWOR UPN 8105
BOSTON UPN-WSBK UPN 236

no such thing anymore

If you get WPIX on 251 that is included in some markets local packages as a national CW. MY market (Duluth, MN) is the same way when I had Dish

you should still be able to sub to the supers...just ran an address in Duluth and it still shows it

SUPERSTATIONS

Congratulations! This address is eligible for all Superstations.
Superstations - $7.00 per month**
Station Affiliate Dish Channel Number
DENVER WB-KWGN WB 235
NEW YORK WB-WPIX WB 234
LOS ANGELES WB- KTLA WB 232
NEW YORK UPN-WWOR UPN 8105
BOSTON UPN-WSBK UPN 236

There is no such nets as WB or UPN anymore. Something isn't right there.

yeah I'm aware of that but that is what the address lookup shows

and its gotta be updated because the only RSN it shows is Big10..above that it shows ---------

DISH doesn't offer my sub station for the local CW ota station even though they do offer the main channel for CBS. So I "moved" to Houston years ago to get all my channels in good quality sd and now HD.

The "superstations" won't give you the CW prime time line up either. They run a different feed for prime time. I tried that one time and still couldn't get the CW prime time shows. You will have to "move" somewhere else if you want that.

I haven't changed any programming since I got Dish (other than what -they- changed). I remember when I got it they had the locals alone or superstations alone, or bundled together for less, which I got the bundle. Like I said they just shut them off without any notice, and my year isn't up until Feb. The bundle was more expensive than just plain networks, not much though, but I see no price adjustments anywhere (not that they would).

Was going to call them to see about upgrading some equipment anyway, but I've been dragging my feet. I really hate calling companies these days.... They were my main channels that I watched when I had time.

The "superstations" won't give you the CW prime time line up either. They run a different feed for prime time. I tried that one time and still couldn't get the CW prime time shows. You will have to "move" somewhere else if you want that.

WGN doesn't, but they are not technically a superstation.

Ok, I dedicated more time into it this time and went in as a new user. I check my area and yes the superstations are available according to the site. BUT it looks like there is no bundle together price, they are $7 by themselves. I don't remember for sure, but I was paying about that for both the locals and superstations, less than $10. I'd have to go back to the Feb. bill I guess and see what the breakdown was, never paid attention to anything but the total. Still would have been nice to put a notice or something in the bill. Be nice if things would go down for a change. Missing the full pay for each individual channel you want that C-band had when I left even more. Barely over $100 for every channel I wanted that wasn't free plus HBO.

Ok, I dedicated more time into it this time and went in as a new user. I check my area and yes the superstations are available according to the site. BUT it looks like there is no bundle together price, they are $7 by themselves. I don't remember for sure, but I was paying about that for both the locals and superstations, less than $10. I'd have to go back to the Feb. bill I guess and see what the breakdown was, never paid attention to anything but the total. Still would have been nice to put a notice or something in the bill. Be nice if things would go down for a change. Missing the full pay for each individual channel you want that C-band had when I left even more. Barely over $100 for every channel I wanted that wasn't free plus HBO.

I believe that DISH may have discontinued the bundle of locals and supers except for those who already had it.

But the earlier poster who said that the supers do not have the CW primetime lineup is incorrect. Each of the three stations that are CW affiliates carries the prime time schedule intact. Perhaps you were watching one in a different time zone. Or perhaps you were watching WGN america which is neithera superstation nor a CW affilaite.

The Bundle pricing automatically stopped several months ago when the package pricing changed I think. I had the grandfathered pricing for locals and supers and it was automatically changed when they started including locals in the programming packages, which I think was around February. I finally got rid of the supers and some other things last month after all the equipment price mugging had occurred.

Ok, so I was looking some more. And I see a new statement dated 10-1 which wasn't online last I looked. My credit card company changed my card number on me and issued new cards, so I went online to enter in the new info as soon as I got them before I forgot. This was on 9-12. On the same day I see the following.

Sep 12
Superstation KWGN - Annual

So I guess they did refund it, and applied it to my Dish account. Apparently just updating my card info triggered them to shut it off? Quite a coincidence if not. I see why people complain about Dish upping their fees and what not now....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)