Superstations No Longer Offered A La Carte Effective 9/19

I was looking to pick up a NY Superstation. I think there are two. Can someone recommend the best one to get. I would like it for programming and NY news. I've had the KTLA one for a while for their news and CW shows 3 hours later. Thanks in advance!

If you like Yankees baseball, go with WWOR. The Mets sometimes play on WPIX. I always liked the WPIX news shows best - especially the morning one which can be a blast when a snowstorm hits the area. :)

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I was thinking of getting the Two channels I think I would watch at $2 each but then I thought what if the other 3 changed and later had shows I wanted, I would not be grand fathered for them and could not get em.
Guess I go for all 5 for $7 a month to be grandfathered in.

I went with WSBK for now. It was between that and KTLA, but KTLA appears to be very news-heavy and I don't have much interest in Los Angeles news. There is a good chance I will remove this channel a few months down the road, but I figured it was now or never so I'll give it a shot!

Remember this is something Directv and Cable does not have.
You can just get one channel for $2 each. For example getting KTLA if your in the midwest or east gives you a two hour time shift.

Remember this is something Directv and Cable does not have.
You can just get one channel for $2 each. For example getting KTLA if your in the midwest or east gives you a two hour time shift.

The big question here is for how long. If they are cutting off new subs without a change in the law it points to them planning to discontinue the service. If they are uplinking the channels anyways and the law does not change to prohibit their selling, why cut off new subs, essentially turn away free money to Dish?

The big question here is for how long. If they are cutting off new subs without a change in the law it points to them planning to discontinue the service. If they are uplinking the channels anyways and the law does not change to prohibit their selling, why cut off new subs, essentially turn away free money to Dish?

My gut says it's because they have 90 whatever percent of locals covered now.The superstations don't have as much value as they once did.Also guessing they don't sell a whole lot of supers these days,especially in sd.

And because you almost have to know about them or see them in your programming selections when signed in.

i have the package because it has two stations from 'home' WWOR and WPIX.. I watch the Mets on PIX and the news to catch up on what's happening in my neck of the woods.

Yeah. But, it's still weird seeing the Mets on WPIX and the Yankees on WOR.

It is....The Mets were on WWOR ( WOR until the Mid 90's) since the franchise was born.
The Yanks were on WPIX....Then for a time were on WNYW( then WNEW) TV Ch 5...Then over to WWOR....
Now with each club having their own network, limited games are OTA.
Just 30 for the Mets on WPIX.. Yankees even fewer.

I went ahead and got KWGN since the start of the Colorado floods. I'm a news geek for different locales and have enjoyed the local coverage of the storms and damage. I'm seriously considering getting all five and just hoping they stay around.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Lots of local news tonight on the Supers. Colorado Floods and NJ boardwalk fire.
Order while you can . . .

Same here, local news in other areas is kind of interesting. I will be holding on to them as well

I painstakingly went thru the schedules of all the superstations to see which one, if any, I'd want to add before the deadline. I ultimately decided it wasn't worth it.

I decided to just keep KTLA. The CW content is a part of Hulu+ and I use playlater to record it for people in my house and watch it via the Hulu application on my PS3. To me WWOR and WSBK became useless after UPN merged with the WB and having KTLA over the other two CW channels makes it easier to time shift with my DVR in the eastern time zone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts