Support SatelitteGuys.US

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barney

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 4, 2004
Kyle in Republic of Texas
I'm a "dummy" here. Next week is a test for ads........what do I need to do to support? Click on the ads & roam around (who knows-may buy something ;) ). I have been posting about this forum, some have registered...but how does it work? SatelitteGuys gets a "credit $$$" everytime someone "clicks" on an ad?......Just wondering...I'm just an "old fart"........want to help this forum & its members if I can.

Barney

Every time you click on a link from the google supplied ads Satguys get anywhere from a few cents up to a few bucks but can be higher. Different ads pay differently.

You are also welcome to become a donating member of here by chipping in a minimum of $5 here. You'll get a few perks, including free drinks every night in the Real Guys (and a few Gals) Pub and a nifty image next your your name saying you chipped in a few bucks.

Thanks for asking, we are supported in a number of ways, first our operating costs are paid for by a combination of donations from the users and through out sponsors. Additional money made from sponsers goes into the prize pool, this is how we have been able to give away clost to $15,000 in prizes over the past year. Other moneies are put into the new technologies we use here, unlike other Satellite Forums we are on our own dedicated power house of a server, and we are the only ones with enough power to offer our members features such as UseNet Newsgroups and our VERY popular SatelliteGuys Radio, we are working on additional technology additions as I type this. We don't want to be 1 step ahead of the other guys, we want to be at least 3 steps ahead. :D

Not all advertisers are pay per click, infact most are not, however we have pulled together some of the Internet's best Satellite Sponsers with the best reputations on the Internet.

Others it is against their terms of service for me to tell you to click their ads, infact in doing so it could only cause problems for us due to false clicks. So please only visit the advertisers you are truely interested in.

Thanks for your interest in SatelliteGuys!

Don't forget about our Arcade! :) If it wasn't for our dedicated server we couldn't have it and the many games offered.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Not all advertisers are pay per click, infact most are not, however we have pulled together some of the Internet's best Satellite Sponsers with the best reputations on the Internet.
I was under the impression that the new Google ads were all pay-per-click. Is this not so? Or are some pay-per-click and some just paying for the referral if the clicker makes a purchase?

Google ads are, however I can not tell people to click on ads, that is a violation of the Google Terms and Conditions. And I don't want to jepordise anything with the Google Folks. :)

I thought that you only got paid if someone actually purchases a product as a result from clicking on an ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)