Supposed to be installed today...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

NCTRNL

Original poster
Oct 18, 2007
Kansas City
The guy was on my balcony and he said that the dish needed to point South/Southeast for the 5lnb dish. Everything I have found in my research and from looking at other dishes in my area are pointed south and a little to the west.

Was he lying or did he just not want to do the install today in the rain? He said they would probably send someone out for a second opinion...

I don't know exactly where you are in relation to us but for Dallas the 101 satellite is 183 degrees so just west of due south. You should be just a little East of us so everybody could be right depending on how technical you want to be about East and West of South.

The guy was on my balcony and he said that the dish needed to point South/Southeast for the 5lnb dish. Everything I have found in my research and from looking at other dishes in my area are pointed south and a little to the west.

Was he lying or did he just not want to do the install today in the rain? He said they would probably send someone out for a second opinion...

You are correct, the dishes in your area point from about south to southwest. The installer may have been referring to the dishes that point to the 72.5 satellite, which would be southeast for you. Which satellite do your local sd channels come from?

Ironwood is the company doing the installation. I called them and they don't even know what's going on. They told me to call DirecTV again and I just called them...how fun. I wonder if I should just get a refund...

Apparently after talking to DirecTV, they sent another guy out later that day, and he said there was no line of site either. How would he know that if I wasn't home and he couldn't actually stand on my balcony? He wouldn't have known which one was mine...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)