Suprised to see Dish now costs just as much as Comcast

After going from 6 Comcast digital converter boxes to three Dish 222s my monthly bill dropped about $40 for the same SD programming plus HD for Life. :up

I only pay $46 for dish, way cheaper than time warner

I have a 722k, a 211k, local channels, hd, and the silver 200 and hbo and showtime

Not as much compare to DIRECT TV and U-VERSE (IPTV)

And, more and more people are getting the yearly promotional deals per provider, cancel and switch to another provider and get that deal. One of my neighbors got Dish Network when they moved in three years ago. One year later, Direct TV and this year, cable.

Same people living there.

Not as much compare to DIRECT TV and U-VERSE (IPTV)

And, more and more people are getting the yearly promotional deals per provider, cancel and switch to another provider and get that deal. One of my neighbors got Dish Network when they moved in three years ago. One year later, Direct TV and this year, cable.

Same people living there.

I do that with my Internet service. I can only get Qwest or ConCast and when the promotions are up they don't want to negotiate (mainly ConCast). I own my own modems for either so switching is no problem. Businesses nowadays amaze me. I learned a long time ago it was much easier and cheaper to keep customers than it is to go find new ones. Apparently they have enough cash cows that they don't want to set a precedent. I'd have no problem with switching from Dish if I wasn't happy with what I have now and they didn't make a palatable offer.

I ended up going to DirecTV, and am very pleased so far. Believe it or not, they gave me $600 in credits in exchange for a two year contract. Dish offered me nothing when I spoke to retentions, so of course I left.

One of the big problems with Dish is that their packages are too expensive and they have way too many channels in each package. There are two kinds of customers, Sports customers and movies customers. I am a movie customer, never watch cable sports, and am forced every year to pay for every sports channel under the sun.

DirecTV has special packages for sports fans and movie fans, and you have to pay extra for it. That is the way it should be, not forcing everyone to pay for channels they don't watch or want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)