Sure has been quiet on the 622 software side

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Kinda booming there for a bit when I sidned on with 403, 404 and 405. Been kinda slow lately.

Hopefully they are working on something lik external drive support, I know itll make some people happy. I myself would like native.

ViP722 is still a bit out in terms of release. They are still very concentrated on the ViP622. They have been working on new software for most all receivers that will change the signal meters on the Point Dish screen and info on the System Info screen. DishOnLine is also very close to coming out. External hard drive support is months away.

TechTrainer said:
ViP722 is still a bit out in terms of release. They are still very concentrated on the ViP622. They have been working on new software for most all receivers that will change the signal meters on the Point Dish screen and info on the System Info screen. DishOnLine is also very close to coming out. External hard drive support is months away.

Manager of Technology and Training
DISH Network RSP
Can we quote you on that?

External Hard Drive will be out before DishOnline.

And yes they are activly working on the 622 software. :D

External Hard Drive vs. DishOnline? It's a toss up.
Look for some improvements in using the "format" button on HD receivers. I have been talking with software engineers at Dish about this. Details later. You heard it here first!

External Hard Drive vs. DishOnline? It's a toss up.
Look for some improvements in using the "format" button on HD receivers. I have been talking with software engineers at Dish about this. Details later. You heard it here first!
You quite omissive ;) - say: "DRM is coming" !
That's busy work out there.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)