Surf Channel Coming to DISH

I'm sorry you feel that way. I do respect your opinion. I don't know about other folks but i have been asking for FEARnet for over a year and a half and i won't give up.

I'm sure he was being sarcastic, based on "...No, let's add Surfing, a niche channel that we can use as an excuse for little transponder space in the future...." and such.

Yea,my point is give the customers what they want,not what the provider wants.
Agreed... my point was GolTV is in big trouble as most of the content was lost to BeinSports

That's just it, I do love German football.......
Well, I hope they last long enough to be able to get back onto Dish for ya. GolTV / Beinsports would be nice additions. Channels that were dedicated to a purpose... and would have the programming to back it up. I can't imagine Surfing to be able to have enough content to warrant its existence.

Since I love to drag out dead horses, let's not add a 24 hour HD RSN or the PAC 12 networks (I'm really not sure if they did, but good for my rant), or the ever so tired Fear Net that I'm sick of hearing people request time and time again around here...
If you are tired of reading it, there is a Forum Tool to help alleviate that.

Oh goodie, another channel I can SURF on by when I'm looking through the guide!

Honestly what is DISH thinking here??

Well for us out here on the west coast it prove interesting. One wonders what a viewer in Minnesota in January will think of it :rolleyes:

Since I love to drag out dead horses, let's not add a 24 hour HD RSN or the PAC 12 networks (I'm really not sure if they did, but good for my rant), or the ever so tired Fear Net that I'm sick of hearing people request time and time again around here. Let's not add more channels to the Cinemax suite or a real high quality replacement for AMC. Let's not add NASA in HD or anything else that everyone else has requested around here from time to time, whether it SD, HD, or 3D. No, let's add Surfing, a niche channel that we can use as an excuse for little transponder space in the future. After all it can go the road of CNBC World, Shorts HD, Fashion TV, and the AMC Nets when we use up its worth in our eyes. Love you Dish, but this is blunder as there are multiple requests that you can be fulfilling.

I agree with you 1000%. This way they can add "another channel" under their belt in their advertising. That's all it is. But 3D has no demand??? Lets do a Surfing channel! I bet millions of people will like that!
You messed up on this one Dish...........

I really hope that Direct moving to add 5-8 more HD channels will spur Dish to get on the ball and add more quality channels. There are plenty out there to be added beginning with Fearnet, the new sports channels launching soon (PAC-12, beIN, Lakers RSN), not to mention more movie channel premiums or the missing Disney owned HD channels and the ongoing request for international news programming (HD not necessarily needed for any of those).

Last edited:
I really hope that Direct moving to add 5-8 more HD channels will spur Dish to get on the ball and add more quality channels. There are plenty out there to be added beginning with Fearnet, the new sports channels launching soon (PAC-12, BELN, Lakers RSN), not to mention more movie channel premiums or the missing Disney owned HD channels and the ongoing request for international news programming (HD not necessarily needed for any of those).

i hope dish gets on the ball as well. directv will have ion east hd and disney jr hd (which dish doesn't have) dish should add these and some hd channels that directv doesn't have. directv is catching dish now. i see FEARnet mentioned alot on the dish facebook page and on here ;) i hope you are watching and listening to us dish :D

i hope dish gets on the ball as well. directv will have ion east hd and disney jr hd (which dish doesn't have) dish should add these and some hd channels that directv doesn't have. directv is catching dish now. i see FEARnet mentioned alot on the dish facebook page and on here ;) i hope you are watching and listening to us dish :D
Alot more people talking about AMC than Fearnet... and we know where that led to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts