Status
Please reply by conversation.

twizt3dsist3r

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 15, 2009
Pennsylvania, United States
Im pretty sure that it would need to be returned, but could anyone tell me for certain if it is possible to suspend service to a particular box on my account without sending it back to directv? Assuming I would want to reactivate it in the future.

Sure just call them and have them take it off. They won't want it back until you cancel all of them in my experience (taking 1 or 2 off at a time). Tell them you'll add it back later once XYZ happens.

Im pretty sure that it would need to be returned, but could anyone tell me for certain if it is possible to suspend service to a particular box on my account without sending it back to directv? Assuming I would want to reactivate it in the future.

I would think that you could call them, ask about suspending a box, your only gonna save $ 5 per month though.

If your planning on re activating it, I would think they would have you keep it.

Are you under contract with them at the time your suspending service ?

yea still under contract, and its 6/month, i just dont wanna pay for a reinstall if i need to in like 5-6months or something.

I think you'll be fine .... unless they say you can't suspend just one recvr, it would have to be the whole service, thats what I would think they might think if odd.

I believe 6 months is the most you can suspend service for, I also think there is a slight charge for the privilege.

You can suspend just one receiver; I've got an SD receiver that's been in a closet for over a year (since my initial install). My installer said people do it all the time with college kids who come and go and other situations like that.

FYI, I did this myself yesterday. They refused to deactivate the box without getting it back.

I don't anticipate needing it any time soon so I went ahead and had it deactivated and they're sending me a box to ship it back. BTW, as long as I had someone's attention I asked about any deals for current subs and got myself $5.00 off on HBO for six months.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)