SUV goes airborne after road buckles

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotMe546

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
A Wisconsin woman who had stopped on a bridge to take a picture with her cell phone of a buckled highway near Eau Claire accidentally caught video of an SUV going airborne instead.

Theresa Reich told Milwaukee's WISN she didn't know her phone was taking video when the SUV hit the clearly-marked lip. "You don't normally see that stuff in real life," Reich said.
The heat wave that's scorched many U.S. states caused the road to buckle, according to WISN. The two passengers in the SUV were not seriously hurt, walking away unscathed.

Nice shot. Gotta wonder about damage to the vehicle- and why the driver didn't stop. Orange? Duh!

Nice hangtime. While in high school I bought and drove beaters in the winter since I had two mint'ish '71 Barracuda convertibles that I didn't want exposed to the Michigan winters. I drove a rusty Dodge Dart, a really rusty Datsun B-210 and a faded Mercury Grand Marquis - all vehicles were in operable condition and under $400. Needless to say, all three vehicles went airborn as soon as spring rolled around. :D

Reminds me of the accidents from Frost Heaves in Maine. Imagine you go to work every day on the same road and one day a Frost heave appears. It's scary. I hit one many years ago and almost went off the road. I know my 4 wheels left the ground .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)