SW44

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Rmdh

Original poster
Nov 15, 2010
Ottawa Ontario
I have a 92## series dual tuner receiver but 1 line running from the receiver to the basement. I have installed a SW44 switch and ran the 91 and 82 lines. Do I have to run an additional line from the receiver to the basement in order to take two ports off of the SW44? Or is there a splitter or switch that I can install after the SW44 to supply my two feeds?

Hope this makes sense as I am new to the site.

Thank you

The SW44 is a legacy switch and as such, requires a line for each tuner to be run. Unless you have a strange combination of receivers, the SW44 is probably stinking up your setup.

The single cable feature requires DishPro+ (DPP) switchgear and a DPP Separator. What you need depends on how many tuners you'll have.

I have just 1 HD 92** receiver and three 3100 receivers. The signal from 91 is fine for the standard receivers. I am wondering how to run two lines to my HD receiver. I have seen in the threads that you cannot run a switch or splitter after the SW44. If this is true then my only option is to attempt to run another cable from the Sw44 to the receiver which I am unsure if even capable.

rmdh

oof...you have 5 lines now that you would need

There is a couple ways of doing it
-switch to DishPro. You would use a DishPro Twin and a DPP44+ switch. 2 lines from the LNB (one for 91 & 82) to the switch. Then you can hook the 3 3100's to it. The 92XX you can use a DishProPlus separator which only needs one line from the switch to the reciever

91 LNB--------------------DP44+ input 1----outputs 1,2,3----------------3100
82 LNB--------------------DP44+ input 2----output 4-----------------dishproplus separator---both inputs of 92XX

Or instead of the DPP44+ you can use DP34's...they might be cheaper and can be cascaded but you need two lines for the 92XX

there really is no "Easy" way since you have Legacy equipment with a SW44...switching to DishPro would be easier

A DPP44 won't get you five tuners.

I'm thinking a DP Quad with two feeds to 3100s and the other two to a DPP44 to get up to six feeds.

Another option would be to hang a DPP33 off of a DP34 to maintain a single cable to the 92XX.

A DPP44 won't get you five tuners.

harshness, what the DPP44 switch allows is the use of a DPP seperator at the end of one any output cable to be split into two, so with the seperator he will be able to feed 5 tuners.

Just like Iceberg illustrated above: 82 LNB--------------------DP44+ input 2----output 4-----------------dishproplus separator---both inputs of 92XX

why not? Hell it will give you 8 if they're all dual tuner. Come on you should know how a DPP44+ works. Heck a DPP33 is the same as a 44 except only 3 input capability and 3 outputs (versus 4 & 4)
You (and QCK) are right about serving up four boxes of any type. I was confusing myself with the nomenclature.

Has anybody verified whether the documentation is correct about the DPP33 only working with DP LNBs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts