Swap 722k remotes?

chuckster_dude

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Buffalo, NY
I have a 722k. My main remote (TV1) is not as responsive as it used to be and the buttons are worn in spots and many times are not as reactive when I press them. I have another remote for a TV I hardly use and that remote (TV2) is in much better shape. I want to know if I can switch the remotes and use the one in better shape (TV2) for TV1.

TV1 is a model 20.0 IR but TV2 is a model 21.0 IR/UHF PRO. I don't know why I have 2 different models since I got them at the same time when I got my 722k a few years ago. The manual doesn't make it clear to me that I can do this since the TV2 has a switch at the batteries to flip it from it's current UHF band to IR. The TV1 remote doesn't have that switch at the batteries.

Can I swap these? If so, what steps do I need to do? I know I can order another 21.0 IR/UHF from DISH for $20 but if I can swap what I have, that's $20 more I have in my pocket.

I appreciate any advice or directions that anyone can offer.

You're TV 2 remote will work. You need to switch over the bottom tab and set toggle in battery compartment to IR. BUT, it's been too long since I had a 722 to take you further. I think you need to change remote address. Maybe someone still in the know can take you home!

OTOH, if you call Dish, they will probably send you a new remote...no charge.

No toggle to set. Just pop the little tab that says TV2 out with your thumbnail, then flip it so it says TV1. Then hit system info on the receiver panel, and set the remote by pressing SAT til the lights all come on, press 1 # - wait til the sat light blinks 3 times, then press record twice. You'll see TV switch from IR to UHF/IR

OTOH, if you call Dish, they will probably send you a new remote...no charge.

Thanks for the idea! I did the online chat with them and they said they will send me a new one at no charge. I have the protection plan so I'm guessing because of that I get it for free and I'll have it in 2-4 business days. They don't want the old one back.

So, no free lunch. :)
I phrase situations like this...and "free 2-day shipping" with Prime...as "at no additional cost".

This thread prompted me to chat Dish to get a new remote for my "new" (refurb) 211K. Same result..."free", UPS 2-3 days, and no need to return the old one. I realize DHPP is largely a waste...but with the recent "free" receiver replacement and now the remote at least I get something back! (The replacement was for a 211...they didn't want that back either...obsolete. I was able to place it with another SatGuys member who has a use for it...)

Reactions: pattykay
Thanks for the idea! I did the online chat with them and they said they will send me a new one at no charge. I have the protection plan so I'm guessing because of that I get it for free and I'll have it in 2-4 business days. They don't want the old one back.

Great to hear!

I love it when Dish has to pay out money :)

You should get the remote in 1-2 days on average.

The 722K came with one remote intended to use where the receiver was located.. The IR one for line of site use. The second one was to be usable at a second location thus the UHF ( radio) remote option.

you 21.0 will work where your 20.0 does with IR line of site but if you are swapping the other way and using the UHF function it will not swap and work, but I am sure you already know that.

Reactions: JSheridan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts