Swap from Universal to Standard...still get Cubavision?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Since I can't get Hispasat from my location (due to trees and dish hitting brace on mast) I have to use PAS9 for Cubavision.

Now I know you need a Universal but I don't have a Univeral dual LNB so I'm using a Standard dual. I heard something a while back (PSB might have said it) that you can scan it in with a Universal, swap to a Standard and it still will work.

Has anybody tried this and better yet....had it work properly??
I tried to change my LO to 10600 with a Standard but that didn't work and I cant enter the low band frequency oin the Coolsat with a LO of 10750 (it says invalid)

Yes, it worked for me. Scanned in with the Universal, switched to a standard and Cubavision was still there :)

I might try it tomorrow...but then again its suppose to be 100 out....so maybe not :D

We hit 99º here in the back yard today. Expecting 100º+ tomorrow!

Much like living on Mars here :)

Pete
so you change the setup to a Univeral and change the LO for PAS( (10600), scan in, swap LNB and leave the LO the same?

Ice,

I believe ( I haven't tried it) you would have to change your LO freq. But that would miss up the other channels on that satellite.

Last edited:
I did not have to do this, but try both ways. I am sure I posted here somewhere the details.......

I guess the search button was my friend...found an old post and you mentioned changing back to 10750 when you put the standard back on

it didnt say what LNB...but it was a post from March 05....something about Cuban Baseball

won't work :(

and it has nothing to do with the LNB...its the box

went outside and climbed on the roof (damn its hot out) and swapped the LNB to the Fortec Universal. Logged in Cubavision via 10600 LO frequency

Went out, swapped LNB back and came in. Changed the LO to 10750 and nothing. No meters on the Coolsat when I switch to 10750 LO. As soon as I change back to 10600 the bars are red and moving . Change back to 10750 and they disappear :(

so it won't work....oh well. No Fidel Vision for me

Iceberg,I changed from a universal to a standard back in april.When I installed it I just changed the LO# to 10750.I did not loose anything or gain anything,it just seemed to switch over.
Reinhold.

Cubavision Intl on PAS 9 is ok if you have LOS issues.

But If I remember well, you once had Hispasat locked in, you should really give it another try.

Last night Cubavision hada great movie night, typical for summer weekends.

Anyway one of the channels was playing King Kong the new one in English w/ spanish subs. and right after they played The History of Violence which I thought was pretty good.

Not bad for FTA, Thank You Mr. Fidel

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)