Swap receiver locations

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

phish

Original poster
Mar 24, 2013
texas
My HR23-700 w/DVR died last night. It is in the living room. I have a HR24 in the bedroom. Getting a replacement DVR from Direct, but in the meantime wanted to move the one in the bedroom to the LR. Got the 775 error. When I called Direct, they said I couldn't do that and would have to move it back to the bedroom. Did that and it works fine. My question is, can I swap the cables at the connector outside that go to the living room and bedroom respectively. The SwM is in the LR. There are no other connectors except the cables from the wall. Thanks!

Leave the power insterter where it is and you should be able to hook up the HR24 in the bedroom just fine. I've swapped receivers around the house when I had more than one

I wouldn't start swapping cables outside because the power inserter has to be hooked up to the right spot on the splitter. If you unhook the cable from the back of the HR24 and hook it up in the bedroom it should work just fine

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts