Swap SD-DVR for HD Receiver (1 Viewer)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NutFlush920

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 20, 2007
Green Bay, WI
I got a new HDTV and would like to get HD programming on it. I have both HD Access and DVR service on my account.

What are my chances of DirecTV allowing me to swap a SD DVR for a non DVR HD receiver?

Both are considred advanced equipment so I don't think there would be any problem but value everyone's input.

harshness

SatelliteGuys Master
May 5, 2007
Salem, OR
I think I can see where wildbill129 is going. Unless you have a R22, there's almost no chance of coming out ahead.

If you've had the SD DVR for a while, there's a chance that they'll give you a deal on an HD DVR as an upgrade.

I'm wondering if you could really be happy with an non-DVR.

wildbill129

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 31, 2009
Redding, CA
I think I can see where wildbill129 is going. Unless you have a R22, there's almost no chance of coming out ahead.

If you've had the SD DVR for a while, there's a chance that they'll give you a deal on an HD DVR as an upgrade.

I'm wondering if you could really be happy with an non-DVR.

You read minds too????:D

NutFlush920

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 20, 2007
Green Bay, WI
I am replacing a R15. DirecTV ordered me a HD IRD for $49+tax shipped. Not bad I guess. Should have it in a few days. They are shipping it via FedEx.

NutFlush920

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 20, 2007
Green Bay, WI
Hope you are aware of the contract being extended for another 24 months.

Not for me. :)

I asked. He said my contract will be done on 01/02/11. The contract isn't extended because I am swapping a piece of advanced equipment for another piece of advanced equipment not technically upgrading.

Not that I would even think about leaving DirecTV as I been with them for almost 10 years anyway. No other company can come close to what I get for the price. I have all HD DVR's on my account with the exception of this regular HD receiver now.

wildbill129

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 31, 2009
Redding, CA
Not for me. :)

I asked. He said my contract will be done on 01/02/11. The contract isn't extended because I am swapping a piece of advanced equipment for another piece of advanced equipment not technically upgrading.

Not that I would even think about leaving DirecTV as I been with them for almost 10 years anyway. No other company can come close to what I get for the price. I have all HD DVR's on my account with the exception of this regular HD receiver now.

You might check that in a month or so.....CSR's have been known to be wrong, especially when it comes to contract extensions.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)