Swapping rooms with a Dish 52.0 remote and a 54.0

pdaddy

Original poster
Jun 11, 2021
Tallahassee
The only way I can get to the pairing wizard in either room is with the remote I don't want in that room. If I am successful in changing one remote then I can't get to the pairing wizard with the remaining remote because it doesn't work in the other room. Any suggestions?

The only way I can get to the pairing wizard in either room is with the remote I don't want in that room. If I am successful in changing one remote then I can't get to the pairing wizard with the remaining remote because it doesn't work in the other room. Any suggestions?
Have you tried pressing the system
Info button at your DVR to get to the pair and unpair menu?

Reactions: dishdude
Have you tried pressing the system
Info button at your DVR to get to the pair and unpair menu?
Yes, the screen says "to press the satellite button and release to pair a remote" but nothing happens that I can see. I have two additional remotes that are working fine in their respective rooms, I don't want to screw those up while I'm trying to pair the two problem remotes.

Reactions: charlesrshell
On both remotes, hold the SAT button til all the lights go on, then hold Home and Guide at the same time for about 10 seconds til you hear them unpair.
Go to the receiver in each room with the Remote you want, press the System Info button on the front panel and hit SAT on the side of the remote. Sometimes you have to hit it rapidly until it pairs. Don't just press and hold SAT to pair the remote.
Each receiver can p[air up to 8 remotes so you won't screw anything up

On both remotes, hold the SAT button til all the lights go on, then hold Home and Guide at the same time for about 10 seconds til you hear them unpair.
Go to the receiver in each room with the Remote you want, press the System Info button on the front panel and hit SAT on the side of the remote. Sometimes you have to hit it rapidly until it pairs. Don't just press and hold SAT to pair the remote.
Each receiver can p[air up to 8 remotes so you won't screw anything up
Yes, it worked on the 54.0 but can't get the 52.0 to pair

• Wow
Reactions: Howard Simmons
Hello, pdaddy. When deprogramming the 52.0 remote with the steps provided, did it play three descending tones a few seconds after? Have you reset the receiver before trying to pair the 52.0 to it once more?
I pushed the system info button on the joey and unpaired the old remote and then a message came up that said, "punch sat button on new remote to pair" and it worked - thanks to all for the help, I was about to kick the dog I was so exasperated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts