swapping sd receiver for hd receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kruseb

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2008
Currently I have three sd receivers and one hd/dvr (HR21).
I want to swap out a sd receiver for a hd receiver. The installer has run the cables from the dish (5-LNB) to a splitter and then all cables go out to the tv rooms. Can I just order a new receiver from NewEgg and swap out the current receiver (D12-300) with the HD? If I order a dvr receiver, will I need to run another cable all the way from the dish or just from the splitter? Next, would I call DTV to tell them to cancel my old receiver so I don't get billed for the extra receiver? Just want to make sure before I order. Thanks.

Currently I have three sd receivers and one hd/dvr (HR21).
I want to swap out a sd receiver for a hd receiver. The installer has run the cables from the dish (5-LNB) to a splitter and then all cables go out to the tv rooms. Can I just order a new receiver from NewEgg and swap out the current receiver (D12-300) with the HD? If I order a dvr receiver, will I need to run another cable all the way from the dish or just from the splitter? Next, would I call DTV to tell them to cancel my old receiver so I don't get billed for the extra receiver? Just want to make sure before I order. Thanks.

If your "splitter" is a multiswitch then you can just run the extra line from that. If you install just a receiver it should only take a minute to swap out, and yes you call directv to activate your new receiver and at the same time deactivate the old one.

Thanks. The switch is a Zinwell WB68 model. I just looked it up and I think it is one that I can just add the extra cable for the dvr. What type cable do I buy for Directv?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)