Swedish wrestler throws down medal & quits !

What was he ptotesting?
“I don’t care about this medal. I wanted gold,” the Swede said.

A bitter silver medalist at Athens 2004 who had high hopes of top honors in the 84kg competition in Beijing, announced he was quitting the sport.

“This will be my last match. I wanted to take gold, so I consider this Olympics a failure,” he said.
--what a douche!

“I don’t care about this medal. I wanted gold,” the Swede said.

A bitter silver medalist at Athens 2004 who had high hopes of top honors in the 84kg competition in Beijing, announced he was quitting the sport.

“This will be my last match. I wanted to take gold, so I consider this Olympics a failure,” he said.

--what a douche!

Remember when the Swedish hockey team was upset by Belarus in 2002?

They didn't win a medal, but they lost with class and dignity. Yes, it was a stunning upset, but they didn't whine and complain that they were upset that they didn't get gold. (BTW, they won Gold at the next Olympic tournament)

Mats Sundin said that "The entire team played subpar."

Has anyone seen the video/pictures of the Hungarian who had the horrific injury to his elbow during a weightlifting event? If anyones interested, I'll post the link. Warning: it is a VERY gruesome sports injury where he turns his elbow inside out!! :eek:

Has anyone seen the video/pictures of the Hungarian who had the horrific injury to his elbow during a weightlifting event? If anyones interested, I'll post the link. Warning: it is a VERY gruesome sports injury. Hint: he turns his elbow inside out!! :eek:

Would you rank this as a top-5 sports injury? Up there with Theismann, McGahee or Malarchuk?

Has anyone seen the video/pictures of the Hungarian who had the horrific injury to his elbow during a weightlifting event? If anyones interested, I'll post the link. Warning: it is a VERY gruesome sports injury where he turns his elbow inside out!! :eek:

Here's the link to the pictures.

Pictured: The horrific moment Olympic weightlifter turns his elbow back to front | Mail Online

The video link has been removed due to "copyright" rules. It will eventually pop up on You-Tube. Gotta see the video. It's unreal!

What was he ptotesting?

It's unclear to me from reading various articles.

On one hand, going after the referees after the medal ceremony and talk about a protested call during his semifinals match makes me think he believed he got screwed by the call that cost him going to the gold medal match.

On the other hand, he says anything short of gold is a failure and he failed (and didn't want the bronze because it meant failure).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts