Switch for 2 dishes

acker1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 5, 2009
SE
I live in a motorhome and have a DISH sat mounted on the roof. Sometimes when I'm in a wooded area I have to use my tripod mounted dish. This means I have to pull the receiver (VIP722DVR) out of the cabinet and disconnect the roof dish and connect the tripod dish. It's a pain in the butt to do. Is there a switch available that I can hookup and change over with a flip of a switch?

Thanks
DICK

I use switches for that same reason. TV Cabling shows my wiring. Just make sure you use high quality switches, not the kind you find at Radio Shack. The article mentions a VIP 622 that evolved to a VIP 722K to the present Hopper.

I use switches for that same reason. TV Cabling shows my wiring. Just make sure you use high quality switches, not the kind you find at Radio Shack. The article mentions a VIP 622 that evolved to a VIP 722K to the present Hopper.

Your link needs fixed. All it does is generate an error.

Brussam--Thanks. I had your site already in my favorites (probably from rv forums). I read thru everything but never saw what switch to use to switch between the 2 satellite sources. I know it has to be able to send voltage to the dishes so I think that any old A/B switch will not work. I probably overlooked it but could you give me a brand/model # for the switch?

Thanks again,
DICK

TechWriter--Page shows "For Business Customers Only. We do not sell directly to the Public." I then googled the switches and couldn't find them anywhere except that page.
Will any A/B switch work? Or does it have to be a special one to pass the voltage back to the dish?

Thanks
DICK

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts