Switch from Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Building

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 6, 2006
Ok, I convinced my wife that MRV is just around the corner and we should get everything hooked up before football season. Mainly because our 3 year old Dish DVR has bit the dust so it's a good time to switch, and I don't want to pay the shipping to replace it. So, I will want to get 2 HD DVR's that work best with the MRV. What would they be? I will also be getting the Sunday Ticket, so do you know of any promotions I should be asking for? We typically get the lowest package as far as channels.

Once the MRV is enabled in the software, any of the HR2x models will work. The most basic differnece in these models is in Hard drive size and thus recording capacity. The HR20 and HR21 have 300GB or 320GB drives, where the HR22 and HR23 have 500 GB drives. The HR20 is the only model that has the built in ATSC tuners for OTA HD. The others support the AM21 add on ATSC tuner. They all support the SWM technology. The HR23 has wide band tuners and thus doesn't need the BBC modules for non SWM set ups. And if it makes any difference, the HR23 has a black case. :)

I don't know what promotions are currently active.

as far as promotions, i don't know if they are still offering the AAA discount for $10 off a month for 24 months.

Once the MRV is enabled in the software, any of the HR2x models will work. The most basic differnece in these models is in Hard drive size and thus recording capacity. The HR20 and HR21 have 300GB or 320GB drives, where the HR22 and HR23 have 500 GB drives. The HR20 is the only model that has the built in ATSC tuners for OTA HD. The others support the AM21 add on ATSC tuner. They all support the SWM technology. The HR23 has wide band tuners and thus doesn't need the BBC modules for non SWM set ups. And if it makes any difference, the HR23 has a black case. :)

I don't know what promotions are currently active.

Thanks, that was very informative. I assume these all work with a RF remote as well? I will have to look into the AAA discount as well.

All the HR2X HD DVR's support RF remotes and come with RF/IR remotes. The H2X HD boxes support RF remotes but come with IR only remotes.

If you're getting two HD DVR's you might want to see if you can add one more receiver to the order, that would according to the rules for new customers allow for a SWMLNB install, meaning one cable to a DVR vs. two.

Mainly because our 3 year old Dish DVR has bit the dust so it's a good time to switch, and I don't want to pay the shipping to replace it.

Get Dish DHPP for a few days and less than 5 bucks and replacement shipping would be free.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts