Will DirecTV add Hallmark Movie Channel?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jhon69

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2006
Central San Joaquin Valley,CA.
This is a channel DirecTV needs in SD and HD.

Also will DirecTV add Starz Family and Starz Comedy to their SD Starz package? It's already in the DirecTV HD Starz package.Thoughts?

Sounds like that will never happen .
If you read the Front page headline on satellite guys "Multi Channel News" D* has no intrest in adding movie Channels, according to their new CEO.

If you read the Front page headline on satellite guys "Multi Channel News" D* has no intrest in adding movie Channels, according to their new CEO.

I dont know if Im quite happy with that, IMO. I know they didnt want to add the new one thats launching later on this year, what ever its name is.. They do need to add HBO and Cinimax in HD (the rest of them) I think the reason why people are cutting back on the movie channels is because D* doesnt offer the whole suite in HD, minus starz.

they don't seem interested on adding any other channels either. remove at least 1 ppv and add at least one channel for now. but noooooooooooooooo. we have to wait till early next year for the next wave of hd channels ;) :) sorry.....

I dont know if Im quite happy with that, IMO. I know they didnt want to add the new one thats launching later on this year, what ever its name is.. They do need to add HBO and Cinimax in HD (the rest of them) I think the reason why people are cutting back on the movie channels is because D* doesnt offer the whole suite in HD, minus starz.
Yep This is a Dumb move.

Because the strategy has worked so well for dish. :rolleyes:

Q1-09 directv gained 460,000 subs.
Q1-09 dish lost 94,000 subs.

Q2-09 directv gained 224,000 subs.
Q2-09 dish announces next week....lets see how good they do.

Im sure when D12 is active in Q1-10 there will be adds of HD movie channels.

Looking at those #s DISH should change their name to DUMB.

Because the strategy has worked so well for dish. :rolleyes:

Q1-09 directv gained 460,000 subs.
Q1-09 dish lost 94,000 subs.

Q2-09 directv gained 224,000 subs.
Q2-09 dish announces next week....lets see how good they do.

Im sure when D12 is active in Q1-10 there will be adds of HD movie channels.

Looking at those #s DISH should change their name to DUMB.
Do you honestly think those number are going to keep rising?
They are already falling off.
What does E* have to do with this? Nothing !!
Fios is adding a bunch of subs too, They don't have NFL ST
They barely have any coverage over the USA and they are pulling in the same numbers in the USA as D*

They barely have any coverage over the USA and they are pulling in the same numbers in the USA as D*

You can't compare the Directv and FIOS numbers as the reason FIOS is growing at the same pace or larger is that they are moving into new areas. The ultimate question would be how many FIOS customers are they adding in the established areas?

You can't compare the Directv and FIOS numbers as the reason FIOS is growing at the same pace or larger is that they are moving into new areas. The ultimate question would be how many FIOS customers are they adding in the established areas?
:rolleyes: Are you kidding me? Are you really going to stand behind this satement.
:confused:

D* didn't say they weren't interested in adding movie channels, they said they weren't interested in adding premium channels. I don't think Hallmark Movie Channels is a premium channels. I expect to see it early next year.

D* didn't say they weren't interested in adding movie channels, they said they weren't interested in adding premium channels. I don't think Hallmark Movie Channels is a premium channels. I expect to see it early next year.
does dish have this channel? i think i had this channel in HD last year when i had E* . don't remember seeing anything i really liked on this channel. i rather have travel HD added 1st than HMCHD. are that many folks interested in the HMCHD?

does dish have this channel? i think i had this channel in HD last year when i had E* . don't remember seeing anything i really liked on this channel. i rather have travel HD added 1st than HMCHD. are that many folks interested in the HMCHD?
They have Hallmark Movie Channel HD, but Hallmark is only SD

Do you honestly think those number are going to keep rising?
They are already falling off.
What does E* have to do with this? Nothing !!

Falling off ?

The 2nd qtr is always the worst qtr & they still gained 1/4 mill subs....as i said lets see what dish does when they announce #s next week.

Also directv said they want to slow down new subs because the high cost of a new sub (initial free equipment etc) was killing their books so the drop in new subs was expected.

& what does dish have to do with it ?
Well they have alot more movie channels in HD (at least until next year) & it isnt helping them is it.

& what does dish have to do with it ?
Well they have alot more movie channels in HD (at least until next year) & it isnt helping them is it.
Well it seems to be helping FIOS AND Uverse., Both of which are not huge on sports.
E* problems have more to do with customer relations, and they way they handle their business. These problems have been an issue for YEARS.
Once people get sick enough of the BS, it doesn't matter what programming you offer.
Thats what happening to E* Its got nothing to do with E* channel Lineup.
I'll bet you anything right now that if D* started messing with peoples subscriptions, dropping channels without notice and pulling the same BS E* has done to others. No sports in the WORLD would make them put up with it.
You all forget the fact E* has been pissing off alot of customers for Years.
Long before HD premiums,and HD National
Wait a few more years when the only thing D* adds is more sports ,and no HD movie channels. People will get bored and Irate when they start paying more then every other provider while getting less.

Every Company welcomes improvement, and there is always room for improvement.
D* could use improvement in Price,Offerings,equipment,and equipment lease cost.
E* could use improvement in Customer service,Customer relations,Sports offerings,and stop pissing off customers and TV networks

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)