Will DirecTV add Hallmark Movie Channel?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Wait a few more years when the only thing D* adds is more sports ,and no HD movie channels.

So your saying when D12 the new sat is totally Live by june 30, 2010 directv will add 0 HD movie channels even with its 50% extra HD capacity as directv stated in their conference call today ?

I find that impossible to believe.

Well for me as an SD DirecTV subscriber I would like DirecTV to add Hallmark Movie Channel in SD and HD.As for Starz Family and Starz Comedy DirecTV already has those in the Starz HD movie package,why their not in the regular SD Starz package is beyond me unless the $10. HD Access Fee has something to do with it?.

So your saying when D12 the new sat is totally Live by june 30, 2010 directv will add 0 HD movie channels even with its 50% extra HD capacity as directv stated in their conference call today ?

I find that impossible to believe.
Well the need to play catch up now with their regular HD channels as well as locals.
How many Premiums do you really think D* is going to add, They barely have any Premiums as it is. I've been waiting 9 years for D* to add premiums.
and we got about 2 maybe 3 new ones in that time. Same 3 Cinemax Channels for $12, now $13,and the same lame A$$ HBO package for a Bargon price of $15 per month.

I had Hallmark Movie Channel when I was with Dish Network up until 4/2008. I watched maybe one movie on the channel. All the stuff is so old, I just wasn't interested. I would really like to have Lifetime HD, Travel Channel HD, WGN America HD, ESPNU HD.

I had Hallmark Movie Channel when I was with Dish Network up until 4/2008. I watched maybe one movie on the channel. All the stuff is so old, I just wasn't interested. I would really like to have Lifetime HD, Travel Channel HD, WGN America HD, ESPNU HD.

I would like to have Hallmark Movie Channel. Old doesn't mean bad. TCM is a popular channel and all they play is old movies (granted that they do play them commercial free).

Well the need to play catch up now with their regular HD channels as well as locals.
How many Premiums do you really think D* is going to add, They barely have any Premiums as it is. I've been waiting 9 years for D* to add premiums.
and we got about 2 maybe 3 new ones in that time. Same 3 Cinemax Channels for $12, now $13,and the same lame A$$ HBO package for a Bargon price of $15 per month.

The last report I read is that DirecTV was going to make the Premium Movie channels they already have on HD with D12.I also believe that the reasons that DirecTV is not interested to add more Premium Movie channels is the programming on them is gradually shown on the channels DirecTV already has,then there's also the cost issue.I do enjoy that DirecTV has both feeds of HBO Family because HBO needs more family programming and that's one of the reasons I have HBO.;)

As much as I like my D*, I would jump at the chance for FIOS myself. It will never happen here, so it is all for naught.

I can get fios but:
No sunday ticket = no fios for me.

Ditto for me. I have Verizon FIOS 'net and phone svc and am very pleased with both but until/unless Verizon offers ST I'll pass on it for now. Maybe when the next DTV exclusive ST contract expires, the other providers will offer it in their prog choices. If that day comes, I have the main junction box installed so that'll be a head start on FIOS TV installation.

I've been curious about how FIOS compares with the major satt carriers in picture Q though. I need to stop by the neighbor's house to see for myself. I've heard from general talk that FIOS HD surpasses DTV in picture Q. But with the sports that DTV has, I'll stay with them for now.

No sunday ticket = no fios for me.
Fios HD DVR and customer service, sucks.
PQ is good, channel options are good. But that DVR has no recording space, Customer service is worse then E* But Verizon has always been known for that IMO, atleast in the last 18 years I've had their internet and Phone service. But they still added 300,000 new customers last Quarter.
And E* can't add a Sub for the life of them.
I'll admit ST is a Great Option that D* has. Its too bad they make you commit to a base package to get it. I liked it the way it used to be, when you could just subscribe to the NFL pack.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts