Switch from Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
I have had dish for 10 years or more. Orby has the channels I mostly use. It looks like a 4 room system payback will take about 5 months if I factor in what I pay monthly over the savings with orby. I am leaning hard to orby.

Sent from my SM-G955U using the SatelliteGuys app!

The reason I asked about the size is that Orby's resolution is typically somewhere in between SD and HD. Very large TVs may suffer.

20mb may not be enough for a multiple TV OTT alternative so I can see why you're excited.

Reactions: truckracer
I'm not picky about pic resolution. If its decent I am fine. If i want super sharp images i can switch on my c band dish and find some master feeds.

Sent from my 14.4 K dialup connected IBM Think Centre

Reactions: FTA4PA and Titanium
Orby plays on a 55" 4K at my office. Looks great and on par with Dish and Direct PQ.

C-span occassionally has too much compression and looks like it could use a bit more bandwidth for the high action sequences... LOL!!!
I can stream a single tv on my connection which is fine. I am a bachelor with no kids or girlfriend. Good to know that the pic quality is acceptable.

Sent from my 14.4 K dialup connected IBM Think Centre

Reactions: Titanium

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts