Switch or Reception Problem?

Charles Lapple

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 14, 2003
Like most other Expressvu subs, in the South, I lost some channels, when they changed the satellite. But all my HD channels were fine, so I didn't much worry about it.

Now, all of a sudden, I have lost all the even TPS, on Sat 82. When I run "Check Switch", it says, "Problem detected, check connections". Could I really have an equiptment problem? I thought the Sat. problem was with 91?

Could my SW-21 switch be affected by the heat? Here, in the desert, we have just had a couple months of 115-120. There are no bad connections. Think I need a new SW-21? Could it be an lnb problem? Any suggestion are welcome.

Never mind guys. It's working again. I went out and sort of "jiggled" everything. Did nother check switch and it started to work again. At least I now know it's my equiptment. If it happens again, I'll know where to start. :yes

Thats what I was going to suggest Charles to re-adjust dish. Even new expressvu customers here in canada are complaining to bell about even finding nimiq1 and 3 and then once they find it they lose nimiq 2, glad to see found it, I would recommed a 105 superdish for overall performance. Are you in nevada or arizona just wondering because I am think about making the move to nevada next year.

DCXFORDGM said:
Thats what I was going to suggest Charles to re-adjust dish. Even new expressvu customers here in canada are complaining to bell about even finding nimiq1 and 3 and then once they find it they lose nimiq 2, glad to see found it, I would recommed a 105 superdish for overall performance. Are you in nevada or arizona just wondering because I am think about making the move to nevada next year.

I'm in S. Cal. A little south of Nevada. Don't know if they have reception problems in NV.

Expressvu in the Caribbean

I have just brought a system down to the Caribbean - my mother in law gets full reception in Tampa Florida (at least she used to - don't know if the changes you mention have affected her). We activated the receiver in Canada at our cottage, but I cannot get a signal here. The diagnostics say there is a switch error (XX XX XX XX on the diag. menu screen). Does this mean the LNB is faulty? Or is it simply not aligned properly? Could I use my now redundant 2 meter DTV dish to receive BEV? Would I have to replace the LNB with my BEV LNB - of course I would have to repoint the dish. There are some good sites with direction info.
Any help appreciated..

Expressvu in the caribbean will not lock onto nimiq 1 or 3, you could have a dish the size of a house and you would not lock on, the footprint of both birds ends in the middle of america. The unit in florida will also be missing about 60 channels, but you can get starchoice in both locations and the units are sold in both areas.

DCXFORDGM said:
Expressvu in the caribbean will not lock onto nimiq 1 or 3, you could have a dish the size of a house and you would not lock on, the footprint of both birds ends in the middle of america. The unit in florida will also be missing about 60 channels, but you can get starchoice in both locations and the units are sold in both areas.

DCX

Nimiq1 works down to Florida, AZ, heck all the way to the border. N3 stops before Florida, Texas, AZ, Cali, etc :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)