Switch Question using the Invacom QPH-031 LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mk279

SatelliteGuys Guru
Supporting Founder
Apr 30, 2005
Hey guys ........... So now we have this new Invacom LNB (QPH-031) that allows us 2 circular and 2 linear feeds ....... so lets say we have these running thru a diseqc 4x1 switch into the house. we now have one cable coming into the house and 1 tv to run it into. So I guess we need another switch or a junction box to re-route these lines from the different receivers to the tv input. What kind of box or switch do we need that will allow you to have the "satellite in" and then out to the different receivers and then back to the tv input ????? Thanks to all of those that respond ...MK

Right ... I forgot that , but I need one line into the tv for the fta feed and one each for my 2 other subbed services .......... so how do I do that ?????

Having all four outlet on the QPH connected to one single 4x1 diseqc switch would be point less. Two would be Circular and two would be Linear. Copies of the same signal. For one line into the house, you only need one Circular and one linear. Cap any unused ports on the diseqc switch!!

Also if the receivers have LNB out, you could connect more than one reciever in series. (Like a chain) Again this would only require one line from the dish.

For two receiver, use two diseqc switches and two lines.

Or drive multple receivers with multiswitches.

Hope that helps.

Thanks ..... The realize the extra outputs would be for a multiple room setup. I was wondering if you could slave one thru the other like the guys do with the analog FTA receivers .............You mentioned a multiwitch , can you give me an example or brand name or model #. Thanks for the info ...MK

Thanks guys ..... looks like when my QPH-031 arrives, I'm gonna have some fun.

I suggest using the Eagle 4 x 4 multiswitch and ditch the DiSEqC switch for this LNBF.

With the Eagle 4 x 4, you are using a 22khz switch instead of a DiSEqC switch. It works this way:

Treat each side of the Invacom QPH LNBF as a separate dual LNBF (the two circular outputs are one dual LNBF and the two linear outputs are the other dual LNBF). Attach the two circular outputs to the 'Sat A' inputs on the multiswitch. Attach the two linear outputs to the 'Sat B' inputs.

The switch inside is a 22khz switch, which needs to be set in your antenna setup just as you would a DiSEqC switch. In this example, linear satellites would be set to 22khz on, and circular set to 22khz off. The 4 x 4 switch will give you four independent outputs, each would have access to both polarities on either the circular or linear side of the LNBF, depending on the 22khz setting.

Also, one receiver (your FTA receiver) would control your dish motor. You would install the motor between the 4 x 4 switch and that receiver (your 4 x 4 switch would be between the LNBF and the motor).

The Eagle Aspen MS44D is a good switch for this purpose.

EDIT: You can use a 4 x 8 to get 8 outputs from your Invacom QPH, but that seems like overkill since a motorized dish can only hit one orbital position at a time. Also, I've read on some forums that the 4 x 8 (or 5 x 8, which are just 4 x 8's with a diplexer for an off-air antenna) switches overheat very easily. They also require a power injector and a separate RG-6 cable run for the power.

Thanks Tron for the input ...... the more suggestions I get will help me make the best choice for this project. I didn't mention in my previous posts that I also have an ASC421 C band lnb in transit. So right now I have a 1 metre dish with SG2100 motor and Fortec Lifetime Ultra receiver with a Toshiba 1420 for my analog (not working yet) and a subbed BEV to run in this configuration. I want to add a cheap dolby/5.1 system so I can pick up the AC3 audio on the fta and I can settle in for the winter. ;) ;)

The dish my QPH Invacom is mounted on is my Winegard 30". It is motorized with a SG-2100. This dish/LNBF is going to be a separate system (not connected in any way to my other dishes). As such, the 22khz 4 x 4 switch is the perfect option.

Tron, I am directing this question to you because you gave a pretty nice explanation here. I am new at the Satellite game and I am reading the threads as fast as I can so I can start out running. I have a Lifetime Ultra receiver, a HH motor, and a QHP-031 LNB coming. I ordered a 2 port DiSeQ to be used with the LNB. I only have one receiver, so I was going to only use one port from the Linear side,and one port from the Circular side They would go to the two ports on the DiSeQ and the output is planned to go to my receiver.
So my question is this. What is the advantage or not, of using a 22khz switch in place of my 2 port DiSeQ? Assume I know nothing, like I do.. Thanks Joe

Tron said:
I suggest using the Eagle 4 x 4 multiswitch and ditch the DiSEqC switch for this LNBF.

With the Eagle 4 x 4, you are using a 22khz switch instead of a DiSEqC switch. It works this way:

Treat each side of the Invacom QPH LNBF as a separate dual LNBF (the two circular outputs are one dual LNBF and the two linear outputs are the other dual LNBF). Attach

The Eagle Aspen MS44D is a good switch for this purpose.

EDIT: You can use a 4 x 8 to get 8 outputs from your Invacom QPH, but that seems like overkill since a motorized dish can only hit one orbital position at a time. Also, I've read on some forums that the 4 x 8 (or 5 x 8, which are just 4 x 8's with a diplexer for an off-air antenna) switches overheat very easily. They also require a power injector and a separate RG-6 cable run for the power.

Sadoun or others with FTA/Directivo

Regarding the Dynex 5 X 8/other switches and the QPH-031, feeding into both FTA system and a DirecTivo for when I just cannot have rain fade.

The DTivo book said you couldn't split a single cable. Will there be a similar issue of a too similar feed coming off of the multiswitch. Or would it be best to use just one of the DTivo's inputs from the Invacom Quad?

Also Sadoun, Did you draw on those items yet? (Pick me for the PCI card, better yet the 180 cm prime.)

Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts