Switch Selector chart

BobaBird

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
EKB Annex
Check out Switch Selector on the EKB.

This new page is a project I started several months ago and just now completed. It lists the possible LNB and switch combinations that can be used to feed x number of satellites to y number of receivers or tuners. I see it as a companion piece to larrystotler's Adding 61-5 dish article and to some of the other pages linked at the bottom.

Please take a look, let me know what I've missed, definitely what I got wrong, and how it can be made better.

Looks good!!!

The only thing I can find remotely incorrect...not wrong, mind you....is the inclusion of DPP in the DP lnb portion. Kind of nitpicky on my part I realize. At the same time, it just seemed redundant to have DPP in the DP when there's already a separate portion alocated for the DPP (whewww...waaaaay too much in the alphabet soup for my post, huh!)

Your nit-pick did occur to me. The page started out as just DP and legacy, then yesterday morning I decided to add a separate DPP chart to make those options easier to find since so many people have questions on DPP. So while it is redundant, I see it as a convenient subset for those who need DPP and don't want to be overwhelmed with the DP combinations they won't be using. Besides, one of the laws of inertia (objects at rest tend to stay at rest) has already taken hold ;).

I did overlook the DP Quad. Anything else?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)