Switch to DIRECTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

malacoma

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 13, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
I have had DISH for the past 5 years and am thinking of switching to DIRECTV. I originally signed up for DIRECTV 5 years ago but the installer said he couldn't get a clear LOS. I called DISH and two days later the installer for DISH set me up. The thing is that the installer said he does DIRECTV installs also and said I could have gotten DIRECTV. I have the 3 satellite dish for DISH.

I guess I'm asking if I can get the a LOS for the satellites for DISH, are the DIRECTV satellites higher or lower in the sky. I get the 110, 119, 129 satellites or something like that.

Since your local sd channels are on the 101 satellite, you would only need a los to 99, 101, and 103. That would be higher and further east compared to where your Dish dish points.

Thanks. That helps, because the tree that the DIRECTV guy said was in the LOS is actually west of the DISH dish.

I just read your post Chip and I would like to have HD. Would I just need those three satellites? Also the tree in question would have to be about 200 feet high according to Dishpointer.com.

Which type of dish do I need?

I signed up for Directv last week and they are coming to install on Tuesday. I live in Ann Arbor, MI and would like to know the type of dish they would need to install to get the premier pack with HD locals? Thanks, Matt

They will be installing a Slimline dish and an sl3 lnb. Oops! Too slow, Ice beat me to it!

Thanks so much. I really like this site. You guys are great (and fast). And no spanish package, I also don't need music, I have my ipod.

I also checked out dishpointer.com and it shows a tree about 200 feet from my house but the obstacle checker said it has to be about 200 feet tall, including the height of the dish (on the roof). I don't live in northern California among the sequoias. I'm in Ann Arbor, which has lots of trees but nothing that high. That one is about 50-60 feet high.

Well, everything went well. The installer was great and very polite. We just got four backyard chickens and he said he has chickens at home also.

royrdsjr said:
I have three dogs(one a chow/retriever mix & the other two are terrier mixes) that would LOVE to have chickens in the back yard.

The chickens wouldn't last long. My dog is smaller than the chicken. We have a Yorkie.

The chickens wouldn't last long. My dog is smaller than the chicken. We have a Yorkie.

I would love to have chickens in backyard. Instead we have a ton of Iguanas.
1 stray cat who has us trained to feed her day and night.
Plus a couple of tall herons who drink out of my pool from time to time.

We had "yard birds" and a Rotty/shepard mix and 2 rat terriers, they all got along just fine.It has more to do with the dog than the breed. Here I go sounding like the people fighting for how friendly pit bulls are. Yes when the installer came last month he was intrigued by all the critters running loose and all playing nicely together.

We just put the chickens outside for the first time tonight. They are only 4 weeks old. The dog chases them but no damage yet. I think the dog is just playing with them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)