Switch to Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well, it's been a few weeks since I switched over to Dish. No complaints so far.

I love the DVR. I don't know how I lived without this. Some times recording with the DVR you get a little pixelation or a second without sound, but after recording over 50 hours of TV already, I can say that it happens rarely for me.

The picture looks the same to me in my living room with just using coax instead of S-video like I was using with D* (I don't have an HD set, my TV is a 31" set). In my bedroom where I used to use coax, the picture is actually better. Also, I was able to get rid of my coax connections for my OTA to get the locals.

One thing I hate about E* is their web site. It doesn't have the same features as the D* customer web site.

Programming is pretty much the same for me since with D* I had everything, including all movie channels. With E* I have America's Everything pak. Even with the DVR, I think I will save a little money with E*.

I've been denied all my waiver requests for the E/W feeds for the big 4 networks.

charper1 said:
Sorry to say but they could have told you that up front I think and save you the hassel of switching.

Doesn't matter, the E/W feeds were just a way for me to possbily get more football games. I've only missed one Eagles game this year. Otherwise, they have all been on because they are nationally televised on one of the local teams was playing at a different time.

My wife is VERY happy because we have the WB now and I love the DVR. No regrets.

We had DirecTV for a year and hated it. We dumped them in March and went back to Dish Network and could not be more happer. DirecTV first organized their channels as a big mess and could not find or remember most of the channels. There were too many blank channels and PPV's. Don't get me started on the TiVo. It was the worst peace of junk I have ever used. With it always going b&w, pausing gaps and slow guide plus a pathetic 30 minute buffer. Twice a week going on a blank channel when I go to use it. I felt like throwing the thing out the window. To me the Dish PVR is 10 times better.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)