switchbox connection help please

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mannyelvis

Original poster
Dec 13, 2005
Hi, i'm a new member. Have been trying to connect a 4/4 switchbox to my direct tv. i have a tuner/tivo all in one unit. the switchbox i have has four inputs of 13v and 18v and has 4 outputs. i connected the direct dich out to the input of the switchbox and then the output of 1 to my tuner/tivo unit, but got no picture?? what am i doing wrong?? also which of the two input connections should i use, the 13v or the 18 v??? thanks, manny

just to add from the above post: go ahead and list the multi-switch model and make, but also list the dish type/setup and receivers being used as well.

swichbox installation

the switchbox is s follows:
SMS 4/4 RP20 4-Way 950-1450 MHZ.
i have direct tv two cable disk out put
and have the tuner/tivo in one unit model Philips DSR 704 .

THanks, Manny

swichbox installation

the dish have KT1 on it. if meaning tweeked receiving a strong signal, yes it has a strong signal when connected the regular way (bypassing switchbox). m

If you only have 1 LNB out in front of the dish then you will have to use the 2 cables from the dish into the 13v and 18v for the 101 or Sat A. If you have 3 LNB's in front of the dish then you will have to use 4 cables from the dish to the 4 inputs on your switch. You will then have to connect the cables from the receivers to the outputs for the switch. This will have to go to all receivers in your home.

thanks, what i have is two cables coming from the sat dish, normally going into my tuner/tivo so that i can be recording a program while viewing another? in other words, two lines coming out of the dish. manny

The two lines OUTs of the LNB go into the corresponding INs of the multi-switch;

Then the numbered OUTs of the multi-switch can go to each tuner (or SAT IN) on your receivers/DVRs.

Last edited:
multiswitch installation

that's how i had it hooked up originally, and i still didn't get a signal (picture) on my tv? m

Did you have it on Sat A or Sat B on the multi-switch? It has to be connected to Sat A this is the 101 and main satellite location.

Status
Please reply by conversation.