Switched to Direct TV Tivo and Made $11 today

B

bobj2004

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Guru
Feb 9, 2004
141
0
After the many bugs still in the 921 that cause it to crash and my Kids crying about Nick and Viacom today . . . . I just switched. I also sent two other Friends of mine to these guys for this similar offer.

Heres how.

SD Tivo $39
Standard Receviers $0
3rd Standard Receiver $0
18x20 3LNB dish and switch $0
=====================
$39

Self install Kit (cables ect) $50
Mail in Rebate after you send
them your bill -$100
------------
-$50

$39 - 50 = $11 profit.

(note: does not include Shipping and Handling via UPS).

The also have the HD Tivo for $899 if you Pre-order it.
You dont have to get the 2 extra receviers if you dont want them. They are free with no strings attached if you keep them subscribed for at least 30 days to avoid chargebacks to the retailer.

Order from

http://www.valueelectronics.com/

Since your a DBS Forums, AVS, Satguys, or Sat Talk expert member with lots of knowledge on how to do your OWN Self install- request a self install package and do it your self and save. Self installs are what this hobby is all about.

or

If you dont do the Self install its is still $39 for the package. Best Deal I could find. And I have been researching for MONTHS.

Mentioned these Forums.
 
cdru

cdru

Just another yahoo
Supporting Founder
Dec 4, 2003
1,117
0
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Are you keeping your Dish equipment for in 6 months when the same thing happens to DirecTV with <insert company>? I think it's funny how many people jump ship just because they haven't had their Nick, Comedy Central, or CBS for 18 hours. :rolleyes: Ouch. There my knee jerked again. I'm going to go call DirecTV now.
 
GaryPen

GaryPen

Rich or poor, it's good to have money.
Supporting Founder
The dude is just trying to help. It's OK bob. Sounds like a sweet deal for those that are interested. You forgot to mention that D only requires one dish for all the programming. That's a nice perk too. No "check switch" errors, I'd bet.

It's odd about D, though. You never seem to hear about this drama every year like with E. I suppose that might change with an egotistical moron like Murdoch at the helm. He makes CE look Amish.
 
T

tnguy

Member
Mar 9, 2004
8
0
as soon as direct tv's contract is up..same thing will happen there..wait and see..
 
A

aperry

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 26, 2003
700
0
They just negotiated a new contract within the last 6 months, so D* is set for a while.
 
retiredTech

retiredTech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 15, 2003
246
0
Missouri
my opinion:
bet he doesn't have a 921,
what "man" would give up a $1K receiver because his kid wanted nick?
(sounds like he may sell D*)

my kid is "making do" with toondisney
 
GaryPen

GaryPen

Rich or poor, it's good to have money.
Supporting Founder
retiredTech said:
my opinion:
bet he doesn't have a 921,
what "man" would give up a $1K receiver because his kid wanted nick?
(sounds like he may sell D*)

my kid is "making do" with toondisney

What man? A man who puts his children's needs before his. In other words... A real man.

BTW, he should be able to sell the 921 for more than he paid.
 
retiredTech

retiredTech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 15, 2003
246
0
Missouri
GaryPen said:
What man? A man who puts his children's needs before his. In other words... A real man.

BTW, he should be able to sell the 921 for more than he paid.

again this is MY opinion

The "key" word in your post is "needs",
A tv show constitutes "needs" in today society?
I believe that this mentality demostrates perhaps some of the disipline short comings of today's youth.
 
GaryPen

GaryPen

Rich or poor, it's good to have money.
Supporting Founder
retiredTech said:
again this is MY opinion

The "key" word in your post is "needs",
A tv show constitutes "needs" in today society?
I believe that this mentality demostrates perhaps some of the disipline short comings of today's youth.

Alright then..."desires", not "needs". What make the father's desires more important, especially since it's only TV, as you say? And, why does that make him less of a man?

My opinion:
It makes no f-ing difference.
 
F

fbruno

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Mar 9, 2004
16
0
GaryPen said:
Alright then..."desires", not "needs". What make the father's desires more important, especially since it's only TV, as you say? And, why does that make him less of a man?

My opinion:
It makes no f-ing difference.

I'm with you. My son just discovered Nick GAS and most of the shows that he likes are on Nick. He does not need them, he desires to watch them. He also expects the Satellite TV that we have this week to be the same TV we had last week. I would not have bought DISH if they did not have Nick.

As such, if this drags on, then Charlie should release me from my agreement. If not, then he has shown current customers and future customers how DISH treats existing customers. I, for one, will never sign a 1 year agreement to get anything unless I can modify the contract to include a clause defining "major programming changes". I'm sure this won't happen, BTW. So then it's month to month for me when I switch to Directv.
 
bcshields

bcshields

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 28, 2003
1,458
0
Delaware
fbruno said:
As such, if this drags on, then Charlie should release me from my agreement. If not, then he has shown current customers and future customers how DISH treats existing customers. I, for one, will never sign a 1 year agreement to get anything unless I can modify the contract to include a clause defining "major programming changes". I'm sure this won't happen, BTW. So then it's month to month for me when I switch to Directv.

I'd rather be defended against higher rates than charged more every year because greedy CEO's are lining each other's pocket.

Some people like cowering away and hiding, others like fighting.. you choose.
 
Kevinw

Kevinw

Just a regular guy
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 2, 2003
2,992
13
Jacksonville, FL
Whats missing from the above math is the cost of a new HD receiver- $398-
net loss-$377...
 
F

fbruno

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Mar 9, 2004
16
0
bcshields said:
I'd rather be defended against higher rates than charged more every year because greedy CEO's are lining each other's pocket.

Some people like cowering away and hiding, others like fighting.. you choose.

No offense, but if you think Charlie or DISH is looking out for you, you are delusional. Corporations exist to increase stockholder equity. He probably sees Dish's advantage as low price. He thinks he can get more people to sign up for his service if it is cheaper. Thats fine. However, let those of us who disagree leave without penalty or give us another option, like adding Viacom for some monthly fee.

It just so happens that you have the same opinion as Charlie and want lower rates and you don't mind loosing these particular channels. However, there is a group of us who would rather pay $2-3 more a month and get the service we thought we signed up for.
 
AcuraCL

AcuraCL

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 7, 2004
345
0
GaryPen said:
What man? A man who puts his children's needs before his. In other words... A real man.

BTW, he should be able to sell the 921 for more than he paid.

His children's needs?!!!

wtf?
 
GaryPen

GaryPen

Rich or poor, it's good to have money.
Supporting Founder
AcuraCL said:
His children's needs?!!!

wtf?

That was changed to "desires", which I'm sure you would agree are no less important than his own. It certainly doesn't make him less of a man to consider them more important than his own. That's wtf.

Kevinw said:
Whats missing from the above math is the cost of a new HD receiver- $398-
net loss-$377...
If he sells the 921 for $1K, he's ahead $633. He can also sell the basic D receiver, after he purchases an HD receiver. Let's not forget all the E HW he can sell, as well.
 

Similar threads

E
Replies
13
Views
2K
Liquidforce88
Liquidforce88
B
Replies
7
Views
2K
navychop
navychop
M
Replies
17
Views
2K
MichaelC
M
L
Replies
5
Views
2K
dishrich
D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Top