Switched to Direct TV Tivo and Made $11 today

GaryPen said:
That was changed to "desires", which I'm sure you would agree are no less important than his own. It certainly doesn't make him less of a man to consider them more important than his own. That's wtf.

Sorry, I don't agree. Kids need to learn that their whims and desires and NOT as important as adults' judgment.

And to measure the man by such a criteria is just weird dude.

Kids would do far better to be handed books than tvs and Dish receivers. Too many parents use electronics because they can't stand to be with their kids. It's sickening.

Now let's talk about satellite stuff rather than your views on parenting and manhood. I'm done with it.

AcuraCL said:
Sorry, I don't agree. Kids need to learn that their whims and desires and NOT as important as adults' judgment.
You mean the judgement that the adult's $1000 receiver is more important?

And to measure the man by such a criteria is just weird dude.
No sh*t. Why tell me? That was the point of my original comment. Tell it to the guy who implied that someone was less of a man by such criteria.

Kids would do far better to be handed books than tvs and Dish receivers. Too many parents use electronics because they can't stand to be with their kids. It's sickening.
Correct. However, it doesn't mean that ALL TV is bad. There are a number of shows on Nick, Noggin, and especially PBS Kids (which is included in D's TC pack, BTW) that provide mental and emotional stimulation and growth, as well as sheer entertainment and joy. I never found it sickening to watch my children laugh or be amazed, when they were that age. (They're way too old for that now.)
Now let's talk about satellite stuff rather than your views on parenting and manhood. I'm done with it.

Again, why focus on me? I was rebutting an assinine comment about a poster being less of a man because he switched to D, instead of keeping his $1000 paperweight, in an effort to please his child.

You are not only preaching to the choir, you're berating it for singing on key.

Oh no, major miss understanding.

I do not own the 921. I borrowed it so I could do an Eval and decide what to buy.

$999 is a lot of money. I pre order the HD Tivo with 4 Tuners- total price $899.

bobj2004 said:
Oh no, major miss understanding.

I do not own the 921. I borrowed it so I could do an Eval and decide what to buy.

$999 is a lot of money. I pre order the HD Tivo with 4 Tuners- total price $899.
So much for that 11 dollar profit ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)