Switched to EA to recieve HD locals. Have questions

Dr Pepper

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 7, 2010
Bowling Green KY
I am in Bowling Green KY. It's about 60 miles north of Nashville. Can someone in this general area give me the signal levels they are getting? I am ranging from low 40's to mid 50's across 61.5 and 72. Higher on 77. The numbers from the excel file in this thread http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/256056-List-of-the-Minimum-and-Average-Thresholds/page3 seem to be old as some of the transponders to check I get 0 signal on. Also is 77 being used anymore? I haven't noticed receiving any channels on it.

?thanks

You don't need 77. Better to aim only to get 61.5 and 72, may make the signals higher.

Are you getting a good picture with no pixilization? If so, don't worry about numbers. With digital, you either get a good picture or you don't. When I was switched to the earc, I was told that the signal numbers would be lower, but not to worry as long as I got a good picture.

Not true. Well, the either you get a picture or you don't essentially is, but the numbers most certainly do count. Want less chance of rain fade, snow fade, then you want higher numbers if you can.

On EA, you want at least mid-40s or higher on all TPs. Press YELLOW - BLUE - 3 - Send Status - Check Connection - Check Signal and it'll tell you the signal strength on all three tuners on all sats. It also lists the new "home" TPs that are used to measure your strength. That document you linked to is a bit outdated as EA has had many changes since then. The WA stats are still up to date though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)