Switches and ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ksmithtwn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2006
Canada
I have a question about switches..

Here is the setup I need help with:

General Instruments 2410R Satellite Receiver
BellExpressVu 2700 Satellite Receiver
31" Linear LNB on AMC 2 at 85 degrees
18" Circular LNB on Echostar 3? at 61.5 degrees (with 97% signal!!)

I have one coax cable running outside to the 18" dish which leads back in to the house and in to the Bell 2700 receiver, I use this for the slate channel on 61.5 because I like the music. I would like to put a switch outside that combines both 61.5 and 85 in to the one cable. I know how to do that.

What I want to do is inside be able to have the one cable split to both receivers, is that possible? If so, what do I need? I want the GI 2410R to see the analog signal off of 85 and the bell box see the slate channel, is this possible?

two signals; one cable

If you want both receivers to get their respective signals at the same time, I can't think of any solution.
Of course, there are many sharp folks here, so someone else might. :cool:

If you are willing to have one receiver work OR the other, then we might have something.
Get a 22khz switch and put it at the dishes.
Connect the ON input to the FTA dish, and the OFF input the BEV dish.
Switch output goes to the cable run into the house.

House end of the cable goes to the FTA receiver, LNB input.
FTA receiver Loop Out goes to the BEV receiver THROUGH a BLOCKER.
Unfortunately, the FTA receiver must be powered at all times; turning it off to affect the changeover won't work.

Program your FTA channels to engage the 22khz tone, and use a Standard LNB for FTA.
Program another dummy satellite for NO Tone; in that mode the 18" dish will feed the BEV box.
edit: you might need to set the dummy to H or V to get the BEV LNB to the correct polarity...

Someone double check me, but that might work. - :rolleyes:

edit:
now that I think about it, ya might accomplish the same with a diseqc switch, too.

I have a question about switches..

Here is the setup I need help with:

General Instruments 2410R Satellite Receiver
BellExpressVu 2700 Satellite Receiver
31" Linear LNB on AMC 2 at 85 degrees
18" Circular LNB on Echostar 3? at 61.5 degrees (with 97% signal!!)

I have one coax cable running outside to the 18" dish which leads back in to the house and in to the Bell 2700 receiver, I use this for the slate channel on 61.5 because I like the music. I would like to put a switch outside that combines both 61.5 and 85 in to the one cable. I know how to do that.

What I want to do is inside be able to have the one cable split to both receivers, is that possible? If so, what do I need? I want the GI 2410R to see the analog signal off of 85 and the bell box see the slate channel, is this possible?

Came across this during my surf for information, don't know if it will help or not.
Add a receiver

im not really sure what your asking here.

two lnb;s
into one cable
one cable into the house
split the one cable back into two feeds ?

wont work. you'll still need two feeds into the house.

what you'd want is some sort of super bandstacker switch, which doesnt exist, hehe.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)