Switching equipment

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chadley

Original poster
May 12, 2010
wisconsin
I currently have a hopper 2 and wireless Joey and I am under contract. Was wondering if it is possible to go down to a Wally.

Has anyone had any luck doing this? Does the Wally support 4K?
You can downgrade to what ever you want, but I doubt it's going to be free.
My guess they may issue you a credit to try and keep you at your current equipment level.
And 4K is a No

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Well there is always next year for any new receivers. DISH seems to come out with something new just about every year or two. To me the Wally would of made sense for 4k use on a single receiver. But then again I don't know why they couldn't make it compatible with the new hybrid lnb in the first place. IF you think about it you are going to have three runs on a single 1000.2 sat dish ,but you are only going to use one sat coax from that dish for the whole house hopper 3. What can you use the other two coaxes for now? IF you do want to use both a hopper 3 and a wally , you have to have a separate sat dish with regular lnb instead of the new hybrid lnb. Double installs and a little short sighted. But soon, I am sure they will invent some way that it will work with the hybrid lnb to eliminate the double sat dish installs.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Well there is always next year for any new receivers. DISH seems to come out with something new just about every year or two. To me the Wally would of made sense for 4k use on a single receiver. But then again I don't know why they couldn't make it compatible with the new hybrid lnb in the first place. IF you think about it you are going to have three runs on a single 1000.2 sat dish ,but you are only going to use one sat coax from that dish for the whole house hopper 3. What can you use the other two coaxes for now? IF you do want to use both a hopper 3 and a wally , you have to have a separate sat dish with regular lnb instead of the new hybrid lnb. Double installs and a little short sighted. But soon, I am sure they will invent some way that it will work with the hybrid lnb to eliminate the double sat dish installs.
Maybe the new DPH42 switch might help out all situations when it comes out.

You can downgrade to what ever you want, but I doubt it's going to be free.
My guess they may issue you a credit to try and keep you at your current equipment level.

Along this line, the OP could always just buy his own Wally, get it activated, THEN call to have the Ho/Jo removed & returned.
But as you said, they may offer him a credit, which would then offset an upfront Wally charge.

To the OP...what about JUST removing the wireless Jo & keeping the Ho? That would still save you $7/month & you'd still have a DVR...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts