Switching from DISH to Directv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

James Jimson

Original poster
Sep 9, 2014
I'm considering switching from DISH to Directv. I live in upstate, NY and will probably "move" in order to get the NY locals, at some point. I was curious as to what kind of tuner hardware I should request in order to get the locals in my area once I move? I'm a novice here so forgive me if this is a stupid question but I've read some of the posts on here and remember seeing someone reference a tuner that directv should provide you for free, that allows you to receive your locals.

I assume that you mean the 4 networks from NYC!

Check the DirecTV web site to find out if your locals are available from DirecTV.
If not, then you can add the AM21 tuner to the DirecTV receiver/DVR to get your locals OTA.

I assume that you mean the 4 networks from NYC!

Check the DirecTV web site to find out if your locals are available from DirecTV.
If not, then you can add the AM21 tuner to the DirecTV receiver/DVR to get your locals OTA.

Would I be able to get the AM21 if my locals are available?

The NYC spot beam reaches most of the state so you should be able to "move" and get the whole shebang. What town are you moving to?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)