Switching HD ?

ncmark

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Oct 17, 2006
OBX
Hi,

Have been with Dish Network for about a month now and have top 120. Just got a new LG 42" Plasma and was thinking about going to HD. Will they charge me for switching to HD, reciever wise? I know I will have to pay for HD programming. Was hoping to get a way without having to pay for reciever since I have only been hooked up to dish for a month. Any suggestions on how to go about this is greatly apprieciated.
Also I have the phone number to the installer who installed the system a month ago.

Thanks,
Mark

You'd best call the installer and Dish ASAP. They may offer you a deal since you just signed. But yes, you'll likely pay $199 to upgrade to a ViP622 HD DVR- but you'll get $100 of that back in monthly credits. Or you could get a ViP211 HD non-DVR for less. You don't say what kind of receiver you have now. Maybe you'll be ahead to keep both.

You can also E-mail them at ceo@echostar.com. If you don't want a 622 DVR then go with the 211 and see about doing a upgrade. You might be able to upgrade to a 211 for around $49 bucks. Let us know what they say and the Dish Rocks! Oh and Welcome to SatelliteGuys Best Place On The Net For Satellite Information. :)

Yeah you should be able to do some kind of upgrade deal. Send them a E-mail included you phone # that way they can pull up your account. See what they say and let us know how it goes. :)

Just got HD Silver with 211 reciever and $20 off for next 10 months. Also no charge for the 211 upgrade. All from the help of Matt Kliewer at ECHO. Will be hooked up Sat morn. I sure hope this HD is good.

Thanks for the help Poke.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts