Switching Hoppers from room to room

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
At initial install of a 2 Hopper/HWS system most installers/people put the Hoppers/HWSs with the main TVs and the Joeys with their secondary TV. Then the users find out that the Joeys were able to see both their Hoppers/HWSs and the External hard drives connected to those Hoppers/HWSs.This way they can set and update recording at both Hoppers/HWSs. It is a simple unlink/link process. The Hoppers can only see the other Hoppers DVR and now can be asked when setting DVR programs to record on the other Hopper when the tuners of one Hopper/HWS are getting used up. The Joey is actually the better option at the main TV to have complete integration of the whole system. Most installers do not understand or explain this Joey advantage. Therefore , once the user gets smart enough and wants complete integration control from their main TV location, they have to pay to make the move. The original installer who did the installation and did not inform the user of the Joey advantage should do the move free of charge.

At initial install of a 2 Hopper/HWS system most installers/people put the Hoppers/HWSs with the main TVs and the Joeys with their secondary TV. Then the users find out that the Joeys were able to see both their Hoppers/HWSs and the External hard drives connected to those Hoppers/HWSs.This way they can set and update recording at both Hoppers/HWSs. It is a simple unlink/link process. The Hoppers can only see the other Hoppers DVR and now can be asked when setting DVR programs to record on the other Hopper when the tuners of one Hopper/HWS are getting used up. The Joey is actually the better option at the main TV to have complete integration of the whole system. Most installers do not understand or explain this Joey advantage. Therefore , once the user gets smart enough and wants complete integration control from their main TV location, they have to pay to make the move. The original installer who did the installation and did not inform the user of the Joey advantage should do the move free of charge.

When the Hopper first came out, and for a good while, there was no integration between the two Hoppers when at a Joey. I'll defer to those that actually have a Hopper system, but when they first started installing them in 2012, the Joeys were connected to a single Hopper. One or the other, not both, if I remember correctly. Asking the techs to have visions of the future would not be reasonable.

Can someone with a long-term multiple Hopper installation chime in, am I right about the lack of integration at first, and if so, when did Dish enable the integration?

The Joeys have always been able to see both Hoppers, just one at a time. You select the Hopper you want to attach to through the menu.

I agree with Bobby. The joeys could link between either hopper at any moment.

You use to not be able to see recordings between both hoppers though. If you wanted to watch both hoppers, you had to do it at the Joey location. I had them installed on day one, and had my joey in my main living room, and one hopper in my bedroom, and the other hopper in one of my guest rooms.

I agree with Bobby. The joeys could link between either hopper at any moment.

You use to not be able to see recordings between both hoppers though. If you wanted to watch both hoppers, you had to do it at the Joey location. I had them installed on day one, and had my joey in my main living room, and one hopper in my bedroom, and the other hopper in one of my guest rooms.

Ahh, thanks. One of the downsides to not having a Hopper at home. Yeah, I need to. But even then, I wouldn't have any more than 2 TVs connected, and honestly, I really only watch one. My 722 has done me pretty well....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts