Switching to Direct TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jvstrat

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 19, 2004
After posting some threads on the forums about picture quality issues with dish network I've decided to make the switch to Direct TV. I only wish I had gone with them in the first place so I don't have to go through the hassle of sending all the equipment back. I have a question for those of you that have a direct tivo with Starz Superpak. It says on Starz site that if you have the direct tivo you have Starz on Demand just like Digital Cable. Does it work the same as cable where you just select a movie and start watching it, or do you have to download the movie? I'm just curious as I loved Starz on demand when I had Comcast digital cable.

Also did any of you cancel Dish Network within the first 30 days? I know I wont get the intial $49.95 back, but did you have to pay any other charges. I don't have a contract with them, plus I'll rub it in their face that the picture has been crap since day one and a service call and replacement receiver didn't help. Thanks for your input.

To answer your question about Starz On Demand. The way it works on D* and DirecTivo is that over a few days a number of movies are downloaded to your Tivo in the middle of the night, you then get to watch what they downloaded to you. It's not like on cable where you get a big list of movies and get to pick what you want. Sorry.

I assume you are under DHA with DISH if you bought your equipment from a local dealer they should"reposses" the equipment, if you bought directly from DISH they will send you prepaid boxes to send it back by UPS. If you send it back UPS be sure you get the tracking information. I just had a DHP customer get charged $200 for a returned receiver DISH forgot to credit them for returning.

always glad to hear yet another unhappy Dish customer with their DVR's making the switch to the home of the real DVR and Tivo. welcome aboard when you are all set-up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)