You should be able to order two HWS from Dish without a problem now but I'm not positive. I know it was an issue when they first came out. The only way to save money upfront on the second Hopper is if you get one without sling. This would mean you have a HWS and a regular Hopper, which is my setup.

I always recommend a local retailer if you have a good one around. Just make sure to avoid the third party crap you get in the mail, they are not directly from Dish.

You should definitely contact your local retailer, if you have a good one.

Is there any sort of list or database of retailers? I'll ask around and see if anyone I know locally has had a recent DISH install. Thank you for your replies.

I'm in the Orlando area if anyone happens to know of a good retailer.

As Displayport can transparently support HDCP, it would appear your monitor(s) and/or display adapter(s) don't.

It is important to understand that the slung version of a program isn't 100% faithful to the original.

Is there any sort of list or database of retailers?
There's a listing called the "Yellow Pages" that usually meets this requirement. Look under the category of Satellite Equipment & Systems.

As Displayport can transparently support HDCP, it would appear your monitor(s) and/or display adapter(s) don't.

My hardware supports it just fine. It's a well known issue with DirecTV2PC not always recognizing HDCP with DisplayPort interfaces.

I just did my families order online via their website chat. Got a good deal on America's top 200, Showtime and Starz are free for 90 days. Protection plan was free for 6 months. I signed up for autopay and paperless billing as well. First HWS was free, second was like $109. I did not originally add the 2nd HWS, but DIRT changed it for me Saturday. Install is in about a week.

Reactions: dvanburen
There's a listing called the "Yellow Pages" that usually meets this requirement. Look under the category of Satellite Equipment & Systems.

Last I checked the Yellow Pages didn't rate listings as, good, bad or just meh.

Yellow pages is so 1990's.

Thanks, I may give this a try. I still need to call DTV and find out how far in advance, if at all, I need to cancel. I'm not sure if they will prorate my final bill.

My hardware supports it just fine. It's a well known issue with DirecTV2PC not always recognizing HDCP with DisplayPort interfaces.
Given the similarities, I'm surprised that they can reliably distinguish between DP and HDMI unless they are choking on not being able to deal with the audio.

It was a really boneheaded idea to leave audio out of DP because I'd certainly like to see something like it replace the mechanically fragile HDMI scheme.

Yellow pages is so 1990's.
Unfortunately, the online databases, once established, only get additional entries. The old entries are typically not aged out or updated.

DisplayPort does support audio, though I really don't know if it's implemented in today's GPUs.

You shouldn't have a problem getting 2 Hoppers 1 joey. That said, save yourself another $50 and use one of our referal codes in our signatures. The two I have posted are still good.

Ya beat me to it, Chad. I'll never get rid of this one...

lol. I haven't gotten anything from dish in that regard so I'm pushing this time. I did have a friend use a very but she signed up 3 days early.

I switched from 2 722's to 2 hws & a wireless joey with no problems

Last I checked the Yellow Pages didn't rate listings as, good, bad or just meh.
If you buy into random database ratings, you've got problems we can't help you with.