Switching to Dish

SysCrusher

Original poster
Aug 25, 2015
Jax, Florida
I'm getting ready to switch to Dish but not sure what receiver to pick. I know the hopper is popular but which receiver for a second TV? Just two Hd tvs in this house.

1 Hopper + 1 Joey = 3 tuners, 2 HD outlets, $19 in monthly fees
1 Hopper = 1 Super Joey = 5 tuners, 2 HD outlets, $22 in monthly fees
2 Hoppers = 6 tuners, double hard drive space, redundancy, 2 HD outlets, $24 in monthly fees
1 722k = 2 tuners, 1 HD outlet, 1 SD outlet, $7 in monthly fees
1 722k + 1 211k = 3 tuners, 2 HD outlets, plus can turn the 211k into an independent DVR with an external hard drive and a one-time $40 fee, $14 in monthly fees.

If you are getting the price lock promo, then subtract $12 from the fees for the Hopper systems.

I think that covers the most common configurations.

Also, if you need a referral code to save an extra $50, pm me. :)

Reactions: Troch77
Just to add, if you do the price lock with autopay you also get Free HD service a $10 value.

Also they give you a choice of Netflix free for a year.
They give you a Promo code to use on your Netflix account that credits you $108.
Or you can take their Multsports pack free for a year instead.

If you go with hopper I would choose super Joey for the second room over Joey for the couple of extra dollars a month. 2extraxtuners and faster/smoother user interface IMHO.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

1 Hopper + 1 Joey = 3 tuners, 2 HD outlets, $19 in monthly fees
1 Hopper = 1 Super Joey = 5 tuners, 2 HD outlets, $22 in monthly fees
2 Hoppers = 6 tuners, double hard drive space, redundancy, 2 HD outlets, $24 in monthly fees
1 722k = 2 tuners, 1 HD outlet, 1 SD outlet, $7 in monthly fees
1 722k + 1 211k = 3 tuners, 2 HD outlets, plus can turn the 211k into an independent DVR with an external hard drive and a one-time $40 fee, $14 in monthly fees.

If you are getting the price lock promo, then subtract $12 from the fees for the Hopper systems.

I think that covers the most common configurations.

Also, if you need a referral code to save an extra $50, pm me. :)

How much is the monthly fee for two 211K's?

Two 211k's was the only config I didn't list, considering if the OP wants a DVRat both TVs it would cost him two external hard drives instead of one. The total monthly fee for that would be $7.

And that is only a 2 tuner setup. And fairly sure they would not be able to access each others recordings, unless you swap the External hard drives .

A Hopper with Sling and a Joey is only Going to cost you $7 for the first 24 months under auto pay and the 2 year price lock.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)