Switching TV inputs.

Jon J

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2005
Music City, USA
My Sony TV has four HDMI inputs for DVR, DVD, etc. It was quite easy to switch between them with my DirecTV remote but I can't seem to find a way to switch between these inputs with the Dish 52.0 remote. Can someone please help me?

My Sony TV has four HDMI inputs for DVR, DVD, etc. It was quite easy to switch between them with my DirecTV remote but I can't seem to find a way to switch between these inputs with the Dish 52.0 remote. Can someone please help me?
Are you asking how to program your remote or what button to push?

The new remotes seem to have limited functionality when it comes to trying to replicate a number of functions from other device's remotes. But you should be able to press the TV button in the left side and then use the input button (on left side, bottom one) to switch between TV inputs. I have a Sony KDL40EX500 and this is how I can switch inputs. Keep pressing input button to move through TV inputs.

Reactions: srheug
Thanks for the advice. I have a Sony KDL46NX700 and I thought I had tried what you suggest but I will give it a further test.

ETA: I just tried your suggestion and pressing the input button still switches DVR live TV channels.

I would like to input the code specific to my TV but I don't know where to find it. Do you?

Sorry I missed your earlier post. I guess I would like to know the code for my TV to try inputting that. Is there a table of those somewhere?
Jon, you should be able to do that from the Remote menu. Press Menu, Stetting, Remote. Go down to the TV and press Enter. Select TV Pairing Wizard. Go down to Sony and press Enter. From there go left 2 spaces and select Find Model Number. Find your model number and select it.

Bobby is right. FYI, my KDL Sony code is 810 when looking at the remote menu screen.

Once you set this code it should work. Just tested 3 more times and working fine. As long as you don't press the DVR button again, pressing TV on the side then Input should work. Would have to think that this would work like this for a majority of the Sony TVs, if not all. To where if you had a Sony code working to turn the TV on/off then that code should allow the same input changing.

As it stands now when I press TV and then input both TV and DVR flash at the top of the remote and the receiver switches between DVR tuners as if still in SAT mode.

The installer paired the remote and I suspect he accepted the first code since VOL and MUTE do work but not the INPUT button. He obviously did not confirm the INPUT button worked.

As it stands now when I press TV and then input both TV and DVR flash at the top of the remote and the receiver switches between DVR tuners as if still in SAT mode.

The installer paired the remote and I suspect he accepted the first code since VOL and MUTE do work but not the INPUT button. He obviously did not confirm the INPUT button worked.
First, let's be sure of the remote that you are using. If it is the new 52 remote you should press the TV button on the side of the remote and then the input, also on the side. Don't touch the buttons on top at all. This will work on both Hopper and Joeys.

First, let's be sure of the remote that you are using. If it is the new 52 remote you should press the TV button on the side of the remote and then the input, also on the side. Don't touch the buttons on top at all. This will work on both Hopper and Joeys.

I just discovered I have a defective remote. I just tried the other 52.0 remote I have paired to the TV and it works as advertised. I am embarrassed I did not try this earlier.

Thanks to everyone who offered help!

Definitely NOT the 52 remote if you see a DVR lighted button at the top. That is a model 40 remote.

You can see the model types here:
https://www.mydish.com/support/remote-control-manual

The one that is not on there yet is the new voice search remote, model 50.0

Reactions: charlesrshell
It definitely is a 52 remote. I have three of them. If you have a 52 remote you will see SAT light up on the top of the remote when you press the button. Same with TV and AUX to confirm the mode it is in.

Reactions: bmetelsky
It definitely is a 52 remote. I have three of them. If you have a 52 remote you will see SAT light up on the top of the remote when you press the button. Same with TV and AUX to confirm the mode it is in.

Saw you typed: "both TV and DVR flash at the top of the remote" so thought you meant DVD.

I have a boatload of remotes myself, including the 52. Remote overload! Glad you found out the issue.

Glad you got it worked out, but one thing for future readers as well. Make sure that you do not have the limited mode turned on. That can also be found in the Remote Manager.

Reactions: DTV2DISHGUY
To change inputs press on the 52.0 do the following:
- (on the side of the remote )press TV
- (on the same side of remote) press input
The buttons are hidden and are on the side of the remote normally where an average persons thumb might rest when holding the remote on the Top Left hand side.
Current DNS Technician

To change inputs press on the 52.0 do the following:
- (on the side of the remote )press TV
- (on the same side of remote) press input
The buttons are hidden and are on the side of the remote normally where an average persons thumb might rest when holding the remote on the Top Left hand side.
Current DNS Technician

Thanks for reiterating what has already been covered... :)

Reactions: Tron2012