Switching TV1 and TV2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Currently my receiver is downstairs connected to tv1. My new tv is upstairs but looks awful because it’s just coax. How can I switch them around? Is it an easy fix?
It depends on how it's cabled, but VIP's are a dying breed. I'd definitely look into a Hopper 3. and a Joey

Reactions: charlesrshell
It is Vip722. We have had it forever.

Attachments

• 862B61F3-2C72-4EB4-96B2-38B114A96A65.jpeg
    862B61F3-2C72-4EB4-96B2-38B114A96A65.jpeg
    296.8 KB · Views: 243
If you want higher PQ, equal on both TVs, move to the Hopper 3. It will also future proof to some degree in that it will display UHD (“4K”).

Reactions: charlesrshell
It is Vip722. We have had it forever.
On the silver "Splitter - which is a diplexer, not a splitter, the cable out on the single post, labelled In/Out goes to the Receiver. The one coming from the UHF/VHF that feeds an actual Splitter, one of those goes to your TV2 and the other goes to a Mirrored TV that you have or had at one time. Disconnect, one at a time, the 2 cables coming off the red Splitter to see which one kills the feed to your TV2. When you find it, swap that one with the cable coming off the In/Out port on the Diplexer, the move your Receiver to the new TV and connect the cable to the back of the former TV1, put it on Ch 670 or 73 or whatever TV2 is set for and you 're good, other than programming the remotes to work the TV's and I can give you the codes, if you need them

Sounds like a Hopper + 2 Joeys install. Be sure you get at least the Hopper with Sling plus 2 Joeys even though the Hopper3 with its 16 tuners is a better choice. The Hopper w/Sling only has 3 tuners IIRC but if you can live with that instead of 16 tuners.

Don’t get anything less than a Hopper 3. You won’t regret it.
Except for the sticker shock. Are you paying $7 for a DVR fee currently? That'll go up to $15 unless you get some kind of promo. Then add on $7 for the 2nd and 3rd TV each.

Except for the sticker shock. Are you paying $7 for a DVR fee currently? That'll go up to $15 unless you get some kind of promo. Then add on $7 for the 2nd and 3rd TV each.
We do have a dvr currently. We ended up getting the hopper w/ sling and 2 joeys. I can’t imagine I will ever need to record 16 shows at the exact same time ever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)