SWM and MRV setup questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

barrett292

Original poster
May 28, 2010
PA
New to SWM and MRV, have 5 mrv compatible hd dvr's and looking to get SWM16 and deca installed on each.

Currently have two of the DVR's using MRV via ethernet, like this feature but if there were duplicate shows on the two receivers, it would show up twice in the list with the dvr name after the title. Know this is how it works but what happens if I do get all 5 connected via DECA and use MRV, This could get pretty long playlists and dups.

Also know the answer would be to setup a new recording pattern and clean up old shows but some are my kids tv's and easier said then done.

Second question, if I choose to get SWM and MRV but only want say 3 of the HD-DVR's connected to MRV, do I need a stop filter on the other two or just do not use the DECA adapter and just use SWM?

The only way to prevent duplicate recordings from showing on the unified playlist is to make sure that only one DVR is recording the show. The other way to trim the playlist is to not share the list to the other DVRS. This way would also answer your second question. Personally, I'd have all DVRs capable of MRV and turn sharing on/off as needed.

DVR ethernet connection

Can you have a 2nd receiver on your network with only the ethernet network connecting the main receiver to the 2nd one and be able to get at both recorded and live content on the 2nd receiver?
Does this work with non-dvr models too?
What about the main receiver being a dvr and the 2nd one not?
Will it be able to manage and access dvr content?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)