Swm help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jappleboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2006
Ok here goes, I hooked up a swm single wire multiswitch and a swm 1x8 splitter.On my roof i do have a slim line 5 dish with 4 wires coming down the roof line.I have two HR24,two HR20 and one H20.I took off all the B-bands. I ran all four wires that came from the dish to the four satellite ports. And then ran all the power.Let me speed things up. everything is working right but one HR24 the screen keeps freezing. I even move it up stairs to see if it was the receiver but it works fine. I did run a check and it said it did not see the swm. Now let me ask this did i hook up the wires wrong coming down from the dish.

Ok here goes, I hooked up a swm single wire multiswitch and a swm 1x8 splitter.On my roof i do have a slim line 5 dish with 4 wires coming down the roof line.I have two HR24,two HR20 and one H20.I took off all the B-bands. I ran all four wires that came from the dish to the four satellite ports. And then ran all the power.Let me speed things up. everything is working right but one HR24 the screen keeps freezing. I even move it up stairs to see if it was the receiver but it works fine. I did run a check and it said it did not see the swm. Now let me ask this did i hook up the wires wrong coming down from the dish.

I have the Single wire set up coming down from the dish, so mines different than yours, but mine brings in one wire to the Ground block then to the PI whioch has an IN and an OUT and then to a 8 way switch and from the switch (splitter ?) to the recvrs.

You have 4 barrels on your LNB itself ?

There are a few different scenarios with the SWiM, some others might be able to help further with the 4 line set up.

Can you get the four lines coming off the dish mixed up on the four port on the multiswitch. Thank you for the help.

The OP has a total of nine tuners listed, thus the problem, as SWM only supports 8.

Disconnect the H20 and see if the HR24 starts working.

Good call JD :up :D

Now, is there any way for him to get the other recvr working at all, or is he out of luck using the SWM ?
Short of buying a SWM 16 switch.
Any extra ports that run that type of stuff ?

Can you add to the 8 that he has with another 4 or 8 ? much cheaper than a 16, don't know if it can be done though.

Yes, you can use two SWM8 together. You can use a swm expander, I prefer the outdoor one, doesn't require it to be powered.

MRV would not work correctly in this setup.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)