swm not detected

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

prop

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 8, 2009
mexico
i have hr-24 dvr with a swm setup.i tried hooking it up at another location and it will not detect the swm. i have good signal all the way to the ird but it won`t detect the swm . i have tried different configurations but nothing works .when i bring it back home it comes right on , no problem ,i can`t figure it out. any ideas? thanks for any help

Last edited:
i have hr-24 dvr with a swm setup.i tried hooking it up at another location and it will not detect the swm. i have good signal all the way to the ird but it won`t detect the swm . i have tried different configurations but nothing works .when i bring it back home it comes right on , no problem ,i can`t figure it out. any ideas? thanks for any help
Are you sure the other location has a swm setup? Sounds like either you aren't making the connections correctly or the outlet you are plugging the power inserter into isn't live. Can you describe the equipment in both systems?

Are you sure the other location has a swm setup? Sounds like either you aren't making the connections correctly or the outlet you are plugging the power inserter into isn't live. Can you describe the equipment in both systems?
both systems are slimline smw . i installed both ,they are identical .the pi is green and the cable from the pi to the ird has good signal on my birddog. power to swm from the pi thru power pass on a single switch with the other out port terminated. why would i have good signal all the way to the ird but no swm detected? i tried rebooting but it doesn`t help , i`m getting no signal on the sat meter on the screen.

both systems are slimline smw . i installed both ,they are identical .the pi is green and the cable from the pi to the ird has good signal on my birddog. power to swm from the pi thru power pass on a single switch with the other out port terminated. why would i have good signal all the way to the ird but no swm detected? i tried rebooting but it doesn`t help , i`m getting no signal on the sat meter on the screen.
Maybe a bad connector somewhere?

Maybe a bad connector somewhere?
don`t think so because i have good signal at all points leading to the ird. if disconnect the cable from the ird and plug it into the birdog i get the same reading i get from the cable coming directly from the lnb. there has to be some way to clear the ird and reset it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)