SWM location and Error 771a

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lisab

Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
NC
All of a sudden today all of my receivers stopped working and I'm getting a 771a error code. Called DTV and they said that it could possibly be that my SWM is loose or unplugged. She said it would be located near the receiver closest to where my satellite is at. I have looked around at everyone of my receivers and never found the SWM. I looked it up to make sure I would know what I was looking for and still haven't found it. I honestly feel like I'm losing my mind cause she thought I was crazy because I couldn't find it. It honestly isn't around any of my receivers. Now they are sending a tech out and they can't get one here till the end of the week on Friday. So now I'm stuck with no tv for the rest of the week. Does anyone have any idea where the SWM could be located other than near my receivers?

I have HR24 HD DVR and H24 HD receivers.

i would think she was talking about the power sending unit like this SWM%20Dish%20Power%20Inserter%2021v%5B23%5D.jpg

Trace back your cables by hand from the box to the wall and it should be on one of the lines that your boxes are on . If not it could also be at your splitter if you know what location all your cables come to.

Lisab,
Why tech support talks like everyone knows the technical architecture of these systems is a mystery to me too. You should not have to know all the technical stuff just to enjoy your TV. Rocket 69 is right, they were probably wondering if the power unit somehow got unplugged. Have you checked that yet? If the green light is on there is another procedure we can walk you through, but it would be nice to know if you have resolved the problem yet.

Just an FYI, if yours is a fairly new installation, your SWM unit is probably in that boxy thing on your dish. You certainly don't want to have to be messing with that. And unless your installer was really having a bad day when he installer your unit, I doubt it is a bad connection at that point.

So, please let us know if you are still having a problem.
Bob

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)