Please reply by conversation.
jcrandall

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
The SWM 8 has been steadily around $250 since it's release. This week solid signal lowered their price to $150 for the SWM8 & PI (UPDATE: This was pulled off their site the next day). It can only be assumed they are either discontinuing it or received a cost reduction from DirecTV. I highly doubt they are discontinuing it, since it is a very new and demanded product, with limited accessibility right now. (I'm not going to link this, as they are not a sponsor here, if you want it I'm sure you can find it. I'm not saying buy from them, I'm just trying to demonstarte how the price is dropping suddenly)

I sent a note to our sponsor Weaknees to inquire if they too will receive a lower cost, but haven't heard back yet. My hope is that the cost is coming down and prices will drop everywhere :)
(Update - see below for a special offer from our sponsor Weaknees)

On a side note, I recently saw a couple of the SWM LNB on ebay, so those are starting to surface as well. They were ending right around $100. There are not alot of them yet, but I'm sure it will continue to grow in availability.

-----------

Well, I heard back from our friends at Weaknees and they have lowered their price for the SWM-8 to 199, with the power inserter and FREE shipping.

To top that off, they are offering our Satelliteguys members an extra 20 off, using coupon code satguys20

That's a very good offer considering these are still fairly limited supply and over 200 elsewhere.
Offer is good until the end of July :)

Last edited:
grydlok

grydlok

Vuvuzela Horns
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 11, 2004
Richmond,VA
The SWM 8 has been steadily around $250 since it's release. This week solid signal lowered their price to $150 for the SWM8 & PI. It can only be assumed they are either discontinuing it or received a cost reduction from DirecTV. I highly doubt they are discontinuing it, since it is a very new and demanded product, with limited accessibility right now. (I'm not going to link this, as they are not a sponsor here, if you want it I'm sure you can find it. I'm not saying buy from them, I'm just trying to demonstarte how the price is dropping suddenly)

I sent a note to our sponsor Weaknees to inquire if they too will receive a lower cost, but haven't heard back yet. My hope is that the cost is coming down and prices will drop everywhere :)

On a side note, I recently saw a couple of the SWM LNB on ebay, so those are starting to surface as well. They were ending right around $100. There are not alot of them yet, but I'm sure it will continue to grow in availability.

Tech tools had it for 200 dollars for past few weeks.

Rey

Rey

@ your service
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2008
Florida
is there a website to download the manual for the swm lnb?

jcrandall

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Well, weaknees replied to me that he was checking into it with DirecTV, but also noticed something. Today Solid Signal went back up over $220. That lowered price sure didn't last long.

Anyway, I'll post more as we hear it :)

goaliebob99

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Yep I got a SWM for 150 off of ebay, Im bidding on an R 15 to replace a legacy reciver so I can be SWM capabale.

rad

rad

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Dripping Springs, TX
Yep I got a SWM for 150 off of ebay, Im bidding on an R 15 to replace a legacy reciver so I can be SWM capabale.
The R15 is not a SWM receiver, you need a R16 for that. The R15 will work off the legacy ports but not the SWM ports.

Rey

Rey

@ your service
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2008
Florida
Thanks, I thought it was the R15, I just wont bid again once im outbidded. ;)

if you have more than 12 hrs left on the auction you could always retract the bid. maybe you knew this already.

NutFlush920

NutFlush920

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 20, 2007
Green Bay, WI
I paid $203 after shipping on ebay for my SWM LNB. It's great but wish I could have saved some $.

jcrandall

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan

Bob, why not try to get a R22? It is SWM ready, MPEG4 SD ready, does VOD, etc. Basically the same as the HR21 but no HD.

Much better than an R16 if you can get one.

jcrandall

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
I was looking into that but there are no r22's on ebay. :)

Paticence, if you get one of the first on there, eventually, there will be no demand to drive the price up. Perfect example right now - the SWM LNB, multiple ending under $100 - simply wow.

jcrandall

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Well, I heard back from our friends at Weaknees and they have lowered their price for the SWM8 to 199, with the power inserter and FREE shipping.

To top that off, they are offering our Satelliteguys members an extra 20 off, using coupon code satguys20

That's a very good offer considering these are still fairly limited supply and over 200 elsewhere.

Rey

Rey

@ your service
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2008
Florida
i just bought on ebay the swm lnb5 with 8 way switch and power supply for $140. sweet :D

K

kanderna

SatelliteGuys Guru
Feb 10, 2005
Well, I heard back from our friends at Weaknees and they have lowered their price for the SWM8 to 199, with the power inserter and FREE shipping.

Agreed. Any idea when the satguys20 code expires? Want to know if I should pull tonight or if I have until the weekend. :)

jcrandall

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
i just bought on ebay the swm lnb5 with 8 way switch and power supply for $140. sweet :D

The external switch is nice because it allows diplexing OTA easily and offers 3 legacy ports. Just an FYI on the difference.

Status
Please reply by conversation.