SWM Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well a Directv tech support guy convinced me I would be able to maintain my grandfathered package so I pulled the trigger. They will be out tomorrow. Should be quick and easy as I already installed an SWM8 and they should be able to swap the HR34 for one of my HR24s. Fingers crossed...

Lynskyn said:
Well a Directv tech support guy convinced me I would be able to maintain my grandfathered package so I pulled the trigger. They will be out tomorrow. Should be quick and easy as I already installed an SWM8 and they should be able to swap the HR34 for one of my HR24s. Fingers crossed...

Highly doubt the old dish will stay. Job gets QC'd its gonna fail so the tech will prolly swap it

Thats much higher than what is required... thought it was 85 ?

Nope in Florida and Texas it will need to be above 95. I work up north and when ever the snow birds come back I have to deal with this. We can't get signals high enough here to pass IV when they come back from Texas and Florida. I have had ISS tell me flat out the threshold for those areas is above 95. In my area there are a few transponders that can go as low as 86. 85 wont even pass here.

Highly doubt the old dish will stay. Job gets QC'd its gonna fail so the tech will prolly swap it

Nothing in the QAS says it has to be a slimline. But I also doubt that the AU9 will get good enough signal.

I hate going on upgrades and they have the AU9. Directv either does not know what dish is there, or has no way to tell. All I know is when ever I run into a system that has the old AU9 I have to change it, because it wont get good enough signal to pass IV. The problem is I did not plan on having a dish for that job. So I may run into a situation where I dont have a dish.

Nope in Florida and Texas it will need to be above 95. I work up north and when ever the snow birds come back I have to deal with this. We can't get signals high enough here to pass IV when they come back from Texas and Florida. I have had ISS tell me flat out the threshold for those areas is above 95. In my area there are a few transponders that can go as low as 86. 85 wont even pass here.

Wow.

Most of my transponders are 95 or higher but a few are 93 and 94. I have never had a signal issue since installing the AT9 back in 2005. I'll post the results tomorrow.

Well I am a happy camper. The HR34 is installed and working with my AT9 and SWM8, I maintained my grandfathered package with the DVR fee included in the base package, and no Whole Home/MRV charges. The installer did look at my dish and said he was surprised it worked.

Well I am a happy camper. The HR34 is installed and working with my AT9 and SWM8, I maintained my grandfathered package with the DVR fee included in the base package, and no Whole Home/MRV charges. The installer did look at my dish and said he was surprised it worked.

I'm glad you are up and running, but I am surprised he didn't swap out the AT9 for a Slimline.

I'm glad you are up and running, but I am surprised he didn't swap out the AT9 for a Slimline.

Yes, I am surprised too. It's general policy for installers to replace AT9 dishes with Slimlines....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)