SWM Slimline Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PAHOKIE77

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 7, 2012
South East PA
My neighbor was restoring an older house and was getting rid of the fairly new SWM Slimline Dish with a single output. I have an older Phase 3 (oval dish) with 4 outputs and the H-100 receiver (HD receiver but I can no longer get the HD channels with my older dish). Is it as simple as switching out my old dish for the new SWM Slimline Dish or will I need to upgrade the receiver as well to receive HD stations (I do have an older HD package - but can not receive the HD channels)?

Is it A H20-100 Receiver? Is so do you have a BBC attached to the rear of the receiver? It's a small box like attached to the rg6 -if that goes out (bad) it will cause you not to receive HD channels (that could be a reason) The SLim-line Dish with one output has a SWM LNB - That would require you to add a PI-21 Power supply removal of the BBC from your receiver and connect the IRD out (of the power supply to the H20-100.

You could call D* and request they send you another BBC to test it First.

Is it A H20-100 Receiver? Is so do you have a BBC attached to the rear of the receiver? It's a small box like attached to the rg6 -if that goes out (bad) it will cause you not to receive HD channels (that could be a reason) The SLim-line Dish with one output has a SWM LNB - That would require you to add a PI-21 Power supply removal of the BBC from your receiver and connect the IRD out (of the power supply to the H20-100.

You could call D* and request they send you another BBC to test it First.
I have two H20-100 receivers and I do have a BBC. I do not receive HD because the Phase 3 dish does not pick up the correct satellites (it did before they moved HD to different satellites several years ago). I do not have a PI-21 Power Supply Removal. Thanks.

H20-100 may require a DC block between the power inserter and the receiver.
The pole on the two dishes may be of a different diameter. I can't say for sure.
Thanks. Are you referring to the PI-21 Power Supply Removal (from the previous post)? I do not have one of those.

Yes the dish pole is slightly larger (2" diameter). I can handle that and I have all of the mounting hardware from the previous (neighbors) install.

Why not Call D* and Have your Dish upgraded point out the fact that your Paying $10 a month for HD and are not receiving it -They should waive the Service fee and install the correct dish you need.

My neighbor was restoring an older house and was getting rid of the fairly new SWM Slimline Dish with a single output. I have an older Phase 3 (oval dish) with 4 outputs and the H-100 receiver (HD receiver but I can no longer get the HD channels with my older dish). Is it as simple as switching out my old dish for the new SWM Slimline Dish or will I need to upgrade the receiver as well to receive HD stations (I do have an older HD package - but can not receive the HD channels)?
If you have the correct 2" OD mast then is as "simple" as swapping the dish, although you do have to AIM the dish which would be the hardest part if you have never aligned a dish before. You may need a set of monopoles, aka braces for the new bigger dish. Also as mentioned a 21v power supply would be required.

Might be a BSF ? However with 2 h20's no need since he doesn't have whole home and receivers don't have rj45's jacks anyway.

Why not Call D* and Have your Dish upgraded point out the fact that your Paying $10 a month for HD and are not receiving it -They should waive the Service fee and install the correct dish you need.
Thats what I'm wondering too.

I currently get most of my TV via OTA. The H20-100s allow for me to run the OTA and D* via one line and use diplexers to separate the signals at the boxes. When I checked with D* in the past about a new dish, I was told that the diplexers would not work with the SWM and I would have to run separate lines for OTA (something I could not do very easily). So I have stayed with the old dish. I do pay $10 for HD but my legacy package gives me a credit back of $10 for the HD package (so it isn't really costing me anything). I have never changed my legacy package.

Recently, a member of this board informed me that the wireless genie system with an AM-21 may allow for me to continue to get OTA over the line and genie would be wireless after the first receiver. This option may work, but I understand that the AM-21 is no longer available.

So that is why I never upgraded the dish.

Wow, just looked at Solid Signal and they want 200 for a AM21... unbelievable ....
Found a few on ebay for 50.
Haven't tried Amazon yet but they probably have them as well.

Well -you could Keep what you have -add a Genie -When the installer shows up have him install the genie & a new Dish - Just leave you other dish and receivers hooked up as they are -Connect the genie to the TV HDMI-1 and the H20 to hdmi2 then switch the tv line inputs when needed.

DC Block on a SWM is something I remember reading somewhere. I believe the DC Block on the H20 is to prevent ground loops because the unit came with a three prong plug and has a common ground with the coax connector.
I have a H20-100 (owned) that is currently not connected to my system. I used to have a old HD tv that would only receive NTSC signals and display 480/1080 (no 720). The receiver was removed from my system before the SWM16 was installed.

DC Block on a SWM is something I remember reading somewhere. I believe the DC Block on the H20 is to prevent ground loops because the unit came with a three prong plug and has a common ground with the coax connector.
I have a H20-100 (owned) that is currently not connected to my system. I used to have a old HD tv that would only receive NTSC signals and display 480/1080 (no 720). The receiver was removed from my system before the SWM16 was installed.
Never seen such a thing myself. And I have seen plenty of H20s

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)