HR44 SD "rubber band" distortion

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hawkster

Original poster
Jan 11, 2016
Illinois
I have an HR44-500, and on 1080i and 1080p it's fine. However, when I tune into any SD channel, I get a weird picture distortion. It's hard to describe, but here goes: say you were to put a ruler on the screen (these numbers are arbitrary) and display vertical lines. Between lines one and two it would be three inches, between lines two and three it would be five inches, between lines three and four it would be four inches, etc. The distortion is obvious in still images (like the guide, where letters are obviously distorted horizontally), and when the picture is panned it "rubber bands" as it passes through each uneven zone. Odd, huh? This is a pain, because there are some vintage 4:3 programs that I would like to watch, but I find the distortion too distracting. Returning to an HD channel corrects the problem. Any ideas of a solution? I've gone through every setting I can find and nothing helps. (I've tried setting the TV to 4:3 as well, but that has no effect, so the problem is definitely in the HR44.)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts