SWM16 question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JohnL

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 23, 2003
Spencerport, NY
I currently have a Slimline Dish with a SWM 8 LNBF. I purchased a replacement 5 slot NON swm 4port LNBF (not sure of the name at the moment) along with a SWM16 switch. I realize I have to run 4 total cables from the LNBF to the new SWM16.

I plan on purchasing a HR34 (the reason for the SWM16 upgrade). I know I can only place 8 total tuners on each of the two outputs of the SWM16.

Here is the question will all of my HD receivers on both legs of the SWM16 be able to work with Whole Home DVR or does the SWM16 restrict the ability of the Whole Home receivers to work with just receivers on their own leg of the SWM16.

I believe the Cinema Connection device will only supply Internet to one side of the SWM16, is this correct?

Thank in advance
John

No, there is a bridge on the swm16 for mrv and the cck. It will cross from leg to leg.

The bridge causes some insertion loss so be careful on your runs and splitters. I have seen an install where two eight ways were on each leg and with long runs. MRV failed all the time. The fix was HR34 by itself on leg2 and a 4 way on the other leg for the other receivers.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)